XVI - change

Chapter Sixteen - Change

─══─━══─⊱✠⊰─══━─══─

~Ezra~

I've decided to drop out. Of course when I told Tilly she threw a fit and threatened to have my father send me Oria for a week. Which, in all honesty, doesn't sound too bad. However- black hair and red eyes don't nessicarly fit in the blonde haired population of Oria. Despite the threat, I'm serious about dropping out. In less than a week I will be surrounded by multiple main characters. Multiple. This isn't some little game anymore. My classes now are only the introductory ones, but I'm mentally an adult so I've moved up considerably when it comes to intellect... I'm not saying the original Ezra was stupid... he was just mentally oppressed. But now, all because I mindlessly aced my classes... Forget the dreams being used as a punishment this was a real punishment.

I sighed heavily and made my way out of the admissions office, which was titled as the 'Instructor's Headquarters', the one place no kid wants to go alone. Yet, here I am. Alone. I sighed again and looked down at the box in my hands. I had grabbed this before I left my room but... I'm not exactly sure why I brought it... a peace offering with the headmaster? Maybe... this thing was well made though. Perhaps I could sell it, save up some money in a sort of 'emergency fund'.

With the brilliant idea of an emergency fund I smiled to myself and looked down, watching my feet as I traveled own the white quartz steps. There where quite a few things I could sell to get some money... but how did money work in this world? I guess I should research that...

I looked up just as I stepped off the last stair, I expected to see just a few people walking around, going to their respective places. However, what I saw was a tall figure dressed in the school uniform. When I tilted my head up I immediately stumbled back which ultimately led me to trip on the stairs.

Keon.

~~3rd POV~~

It was clear that Ezra Kingston was tied in his thoughts as he walked down the stairs leading to the Admissions Office. But that's not what had suprised the two teens on their way to get a spot in Sir Cade's class. Keon and Isaiah begged nearly every semester to be in the mans class, and they usually got what they wanted. The two, however, were suprised to see Ezra Kingston walking out of the building with a smile. No normal kid would be walking out of the admissions office with a smile, let alone anyone like Ezra. He was bound he be yelled at and scolded, so why exactly was he smiling?

Keon clicked his tongue and glared harshly at the black haired boy. Isaiah just frowned, after the fiasco with Lady Davis Isaiah wasn't too sure he liked Ezra. The redhead stayed quiet and watched Keon with curiosity. Their trip up the stairs was halted when Keon stopped right in front of Ezra's path. Isaiah rose and eyebrow, suprised Ezra hadn't noticed the icy glare from Keon. The white haired male stood as still as a stone and stared down at Ezra, watching as the boy slowly looked up at him. The suprise that flashed in Ezra's eyes was quickly replaced with fear. Keon clenched his jaw and narrowed his eyes, soon cringing as the other tripped over the steps and fell back, dropping the box in his hands.

The box clattered loudly and Ezra quickly turned his attention to the object. The poor box hadn't taken kindly to being dropped and had a large, very noticeable notch. The wood was cracked, ruining the smooth surface. Ezra gasped and swiftly reached for the box but Isaiah had reached it before the male could. His larger hands lifted up the box and looked at it curiously, he inspected the crack, frowning even more. "Give that back." When Isaiah's yellow eyes looked back at Ezra, he was surprised to see the boy standing and glaring at him. He tilted his head and glanced at Keon, who scoffed in annoyance. "Apologize." Isaiah responded coldly. "Promise to apologize to Lady Davis."

Ezra visibly tensed at the mention of Lady Davis yet his glare hardened. "I have apologized." He growled, his crimson orbs catching the morning sun. "Now give me the box so I don't have to deal with the two of you." Again, Isaiah was suprised by the current Ezra. He was clearly scared, yet he held his ground... it felt as if Ezra had replaced his soul... although the replacement wasn't much better, he was smarter, less... naïve.

Keon, seething with anger, stepped forward, perhaps he would snap the smaller boy in half... But the white haired male stopped in place when Isaiah handed the broken box over, cutting his friend off. "Leave." Isaiah's actions and words had made Ezra jump in suprise, but he was happy to follow them as he quickly scurried away. Keon and Isaiah watched the male run away. The redhead was amused with the reactions he recieved but Keon was expecting more of a fight. He clicked his tongue and trudged up the steps, his hands shoved deep inside of his pockets. He was officially pissed off. Ezra was different and he liked the different Ezra... but something about the male just pissed him off. Why. Why did he feel so perturbed when Ezra looked up at him in fear?

Isaiah, on the other hand, let his expression drop to something more neutral as he followed Keon closer to the office building. Both teens had their minds on Ezra Kingston, despite their differing opinions about the boy, they both kept seeing those beautiful ruby orbs sparkling brightly in the sun. It felt as if Ezra had forgotten his beauty, which only accentuated it... an ugly personality makes an ugly person. So why was Ezra so beautiful?

~~Ezra's POV~~

After bumping into the nightmare known as Keon and Isaiah, I decided to take a walk where no one would bother me. I was still a little pissed about the box and Isaiah's attitude, and I did not want to see, or hear, Tilly and Kamai. They would pester me about the box and my "dirty" clothes. Being a rich boy sucks. There was so much to keep track of! I let out a heavy sigh and wandered into the forest near the admissions office. If there was one place I would happily escape to it would be the forest. I've done it a few times before, when running from Mallory and her goons or the shadows of the main characters.

I glanced over my shoulder at the office building and sighed heavily. "How much have I changed?" The story was bound to be a bit different now that I possessed Ezra's body... I sighed again and looked forward but before I could admire the autumn scenery, darkness filled by vision and someone had grasped my body, hardly giving me a chance to react.

─══─━══─⊱✠⊰─══━─══─