Zending Ending

Things are about to get s a d 

Stanley took a while to actually step out of his office. He was considering what to do next. Thinking through all the endings, trying to remember a second option that he didn't take. And then it hit him. The red door. What would happen if he actually went through the red door? Stanley was going to try it out. He stepped out of his office. 

"Stanley knew the office layout like the back of his hand, it was only a matter of time before he found the others, wherever they were. Just a matter of time."

Again, Stanley wasn't expecting the new dialogue, but he ignored it and moved to the room with the two doors. The Narrator started to speak but Stanley was already through the right door, heading to the employee lounge.

"This was not the correct way to the meeting room, and Stanley knew it perfectly well. Perhaps he wanted to stop by the employee lounge first, just to admire it."

When he got to the meeting room, Stanley was once again surprised by the Narrator's next line. 

"It was okay."

Stanley didn't immediately move on. He was a bit concerned. The Narrator sounded a little sad. Was he doing okay? Eventually, Stanley moved on, heading towards the cargo room. 

"Stanley was so bad at following directions; it's incredible he wasn't fire years ago."

Stanley was less bothered by this line now that he had heard it around three times. Stanley boarded the cargo lift and let the Narrator do his spiel. 

"Look, Stanley, I think perhaps we've gotten off on the wrong foot here. I'm not your enemy, really, I'm not. I realize that investing your trust in someone else can be difficult, but the fact is that the story has been about nothing-"

Stanley jumped from the cargo lift to the metal bridge.

"Wha- really? I was in the middle of something; do you have zero consideration for others? Are you that convinced that I want something bad to happen to you? Why, I don't know how to convince you of this, but I really do want to help you, to show you something beautiful. Look, let me prove it. Let me prove that I'm on your side. Give me a chance."

Stanley by now was at the blue and red door. Guilt was stinging him. He felt bad, he didn't like the sound of the Narrator upset. It sounded so unnatural compared to his usual tone of voice. 

"Now, listen carefully, this is important. Stanley walked through the red door."

The two doors swung open. Stanley obeyed and started walking down the red door's hallway. 

"Oh, thank god, you are willing to listen to me. Do you see that I really have wanted you to be happy all this time? The problem is all these choices, the two of us always trying to get somewhere that isn't here, running and running and running just the way you're doing right now."