New friends

Stanley lay in the employee lounge, feeling rather bored. He seemed to have quickly ran out of things to do with The Narrator. Meanwhile, The Narrator was on the other side of the room, boredly drawing doodles on a piece of paper. Stanley sat up and stared at the Narrator, hoping that he would notice Stanley. Stanley loved the fact he could now actually communicate. The annoying part was, no one would understand what Stanley was trying to say something unless they looked at him. To Stanley's disappointment, the Narrator didn't look at Stanley. Annoyed, Stanley picked up a piece of paper, crumbled it up, and threw it at the Narrator. It hit the Narrator's foot. 

"Yes Stanley?"

The Narrator looked up at Stanley. 'I'm bored' said Stanley. 

"I could guess. Well, what would you like to do?"

Stanley took a moment to think. 'Not to sound rude but, I'm kinda lonely with just the two of us.' he replied. The Narrator at first didn't reply. 

"Hm. You've just given me an idea Stanley. Excuse me for a moment"

Suddenly, the blinding white light came back. Once it was gone, so was the Narrator. Stanley sat there for a few moments, unsure about what to do. How long would the Narrator be gone? Stanley stood up and leaned against the only support pillar in the room. Finally, the blinding white light came again, and the Narrator returned. 

"Alright! We're now going to have some new friends living with us! Isn't that nice." 

Stanley blinked. 'How did you find people so quickly?' he asked. 

"Oh well, I've known them for a while. Thing is, the process of getting them here is complicated, and I dont wish for you to be injured. I'm going to have to move you to somewhere else, possibly the serious room."

Stanley smiled. 'How are we gonna get there?'

"Well, follow me!"

The Narrator lead Stanley out of the employee lounge into the room with the cargo lift. 

"Oh right, I nearly forgot that you cant walk on air." 

Stanley became confused. 'What?' The Narrator chuckled a bit. He then proceeded to stick one foot out over the edge. Stanley panicked a bit and thought The Narrator was about to fall. But to Stanley's surprise, The Narrator put another foot off the edge and levitated. Stanley's eye's widened in amazement. The Narrator simply smiled, but Stanley could tell he was amused by Stanley's reaction. 

"Now, the only issue is you. How do I get you to the serious room."

Stanley thought for a second. 'You could try carrying me?'

"Hm. That might work. Lets give it a shot."

Then unexpectedly, the Narrator easily picked Stanley up, bridal style. Stanley stared up at the Narrator, feeling a mix of awkwardness and embarrassment. This had suddenly reminded him that he was shorter compared to the Narrator.