26

I saw him placing few bags inside the car's trunk without realising I was there .

I seized the moment to scare him, I walked slowly so that he would not notice me.

I walked behind him and screamed " Boo"

He shrugged and faced towards me smirking " Better luck next time " he said placing his hands on either of my shoulders, leaning into me and looking at me.

Okay what is this ?

I could smell his cologne from here and my body was responding .

" Nevermind" I said walking towards the passenger's seat from his grasp, he closed the trunk walking towards the driver's seat.

We drove past the hills and the roads starting to feel deserted. I open my phone and send my live location to Jason just in case.

I mean just in case.

The drive seemed to feel start longer that it should be so.

"Can we stop for sometime?" I day looking at him.

" Okay there is a gas station few minutes away, the burgers there are mind blowing " he mentions food and just like that I hungry.

"Now I'm hungry, you got that on you now " I say and he looks at me giving me small smirk.

He drives gracefully, rotating the steer wheels in one while his other hand reaches to push his strand back.

I bet this guy would come under the book that says Everything I do is sexy.

Like I mean, I took a second before I composed myself back.
I looked outside window , enjoying the deserts, sandy roads  .

I snap few pictures before our car came to hault that's when I realise we are at the gas station.

I walk out of the car to the shop and grab myself few candy packs, chips and M & M's.

I grab few tins of coke and few other things for him too. I reach the bill counter and place them while he was billing. I look out and find Felix almost done with filling the tank.

His biceps shone under the rays of sunlight that fell on him and my throat went dry.

" Mam your total would be 10$" the worker's voice interrupts me and I pay him before I walk out.

" I got us some snacks " I say showing him the cover.

" That's actually sweet of you " he says rubbing his neck confused.

" So do you want to eat burger here or like takeaway?" He asks me.

" Honestly I am fine with anything " I tell him.

He grabs the cover from my hands and puts it in the car before locking the car.

He hold both his arms on either of my shoulder, he lets out a breath before he speaks " Let's go" and we ran in like cho cho train.

He did this again leaning onto me , what's he upto.

It was funny though.

The diner was so colourful and ambient , like it contrasted the place it was located in .

We sat on one of the chairs.

" Felix you're here " a woman who's in her early forties comes.

" Yes I am " he says and they both share a smile.

" The regulars please but make it two " he says and the woman walks away from us.

I continue to observe the place in detail. It had the appearance of little forest in the middle of the desert.

Like there were leaf hanging in the windows and the paint colours were bright.

I see a fountain on the other side door " There's a fountain " I say as I turn to look at him.

He had his phone as if he was snapping my picture.

Hmm weird.

" Yes there is " He stand up and stretches his hand which I accept, we walk out towards that door.

It was a beautiful white marble fountain with a beautifully carved statue.

The water was so clear and in the lightest shade of blue.

I leaned in to look over the water.

He still had his phone over his face when I turned towards him.

We stayed there for a few minutes before we decided to go inside.

We sat in our initial place and our orders were  also here as if on cue.

Looks tasty I bet it tastes good too.

I decided to grab the burger and take a generous bite of it.

I closed my eyes chewing it.

When they said burgers are so damn good they meant the one that I have in my hand right now.

Oh God.

Goodness gracious where had this place been my whole life.

" This is the best burger that I ever had in my life " I say honestly before taking another big bite.

" Told you " he says and grabs handful of fries and shoving them in his mouth.

He's trustable I think to myself, never trust someone who eats one fry at a time.

Fact though.

I had quite a meal, I was in a better mood than before.

Universal truth though, when you're down eat something that whose tastes would make  you forget the world at the moment.

I jog happily my way towards the car with him following me.

I hopped in the car and so did he.The drive began again.

_______________

Click the star below and make me happy