73

We walk out of his condo and go towards the library. I remembered the day that I saw him reading the book the other day.

I grabbed the same book he was reading the other day while sitting down.

He noticed me and gave me a smirk.

" Since when did you begin to read books?" I ask as I skim through the pages, supporting my back towards the rack.

"Since forever," he says and I give a curt nod.

" I was a loner when I used to be in school and books used to always be my best friend, companion " he continued.

He's opening up.

He is opening up even before I am asking.

Interesting.

" I used to read since my teenage," I tell him about my part.

" I know," he says looking intently at me and I turn to see him in one swift motion.

I am confused about what did he mean by that.

" This library belonged to you before I came and I see editions of books from not too long ago so I kinda know " he explains.

So he is into books.

Very nice.

" Tell me about your phases," I ask wanting to know about his reading practices.

" So I was into comics for most of my childhood then I was into teen fiction and romance stuff during my teenage. I read thrillers and horror once in a while. But honestly speaking a good book written by an author just hooks you and keeps you into it most of the romance contemporary is like that" he said and I look at him wide-eyed.

Okay,  like the first time in world history this guy has talked this much.

And

He

Loves

Romance

Novels.

And he admits it. Wow.

He just became more attractive than he already was.

I will be right back and he goes near the rack with a closed door.
I notice his actions.

He opens and grabs so many books, getting them near me.

I see all the colourful new books that I had been wanting to get

"These are for you," he says and places them in the empty rack.

" These are mine?" I ask him confused.

He lets out a warm smile " All your ma'am ".

" Thank you," I say, his gesture, it's so kind of him.

And just by the observation, the hands made him bring books that he thought I would read.

I grab a book "Feel free to join" I say and he immediately grabs a book too.

I walk towards the table and he made sure to be right behind me so that I would not fall.

I sit down comfortably at the table leaning and skimming through the books.

After a while, I lift my head since my neck hurts, and I close my eyes twisting my neck to either side.

"Get up," he says coming near me and I do the same.

He takes me towards the steam room with the Jacuzzi.

He sets in the temperature and he turns around waiting for me patiently to change, and I wrap myself with a cotton towel. 

I do it cautiously and my hand absent-mindedly runs above the scar.

I am always going to carry that scar with me.

I sigh.

" I am done, " I say and he immediately turns around, peeling the clothes away and tying a towel around.

His back highlights his cake.

I sit down in the steam and he does the same sitting beside me.

I have my hands on either side of me on top of the bench, I have my eyes closed as my body feels in the temperature.

Feeling hot with every increasing second.

Felix was sitting beside which I noticed from my peripheral vision before I closed my eyes.

I felt his fingers touch my finger.

I let out a smile at our little contact.

Little smile.

The touch means too much, and feeling too much radiates something I've never experienced before.

It emits some kind of warmth, the thought that someone is with you.

I could feel his fingers move further until his hand was on top of mine.

In a few seconds, sweat began to form on my body everywhere.

I could feel myself getting hotter with each minute and sweat dripping over me.

I open my eyes and look at him watching me intently like I was a painting in the art museum.

" I need to hit the water," I tell him as I walk towards the jacuzzi pool.

I let out my feet in the water to check the temperature, it was indeed a little bit hot.

I let the cold water run and once the water's temperature was just fine.

I plopped myself in and saw him mimicking my action.

" Loren, are you feeling better?", he asks me.

" Yes," I answer him.

"When are the rehearsals for the big day?" He asked me.

"In Four Days" I respond to him.

I just realised I missed two weeks in my life.

That was unplanned.

A lot changes in two weeks.

A whole lot.

If I had procrastinated the whole thing I would have just wept and wept feeling sorry for myself.

My mind might be broken, but I am doing my best from the part that's left.

".......... Okay Loren? " Felix says getting me to reality from being zoned out.

I just got zoned out.

" Sorry I got zoned out, "I tell him truthfully.

He looked at my expressions carefully, forcing a smile saying " Nevermind, it was not that important anyways " he says sighing.

It felt like he just regretted what he said but then if he regretted he should have not even said it in the first place.

I did not further push him to repeat something which he did not even want to tell in the first place.

I sigh planning for rehearsals and the main event just eleven hours after that.

The big day is finally here.

But I do know that it would just happen in a snap of the fingers.

It's like you prepare long and hard for something so consciously but then the main thing would not even last long.

Leaving you questioning whether all of the work that you do for a long time would even be noticed enough. Or credited enough.

We leave back to his condo.

I just zone out while he helps me patiently with everything.

I don't even realise my eyes getting heavy and me passing out in his arms .

______

Click star below and makes me happy.