77

It was sunny and I squinted my eyes before I woke up. I feel uneasy, I look to my left to watch Felix being asleep soundly.

I wake up trying not to disturb him.

I go to the washroom before I pack in my clothes I see him awake fully.

" Morning baby," he says, and I get the urge to clear my throat which I do.

" Good morning," I say and he quickly comes near me grabbing the bag.

" What are you doing ?" I ask him surprised.

" You ma'am please sit down, this is the one I am supposed to be doing," he says and I sit down quietly.

He begins to pack all of my stuff I just watch him intently

He notices me looking at him and raises his eyebrows questioning me.

"What ?" I ask him being caught red-handed.

" I did not say anything, Loren," he says zipping the final bag.

"Let's leave shall we ?" he said coming near me.

He held my hand helping me to stand up and we both left the place after we signed the hospital procedural documents.

We reached his car and started to drive " Loren no plans for today I am taking you somewhere " he says and I look
at him confused.

I try to guess where we are going but I eventually give up. He stops right in front of the biggest bookstore.

I knew for a fact the book house was being opened but I had not visited the place.

My face was filled with excitement.

We walk inside I start exploring the books. I begin to grab a few books and started filling in the basket that Felix was holding.

"Loren get the hardcover ones?", he said and I looked at him to know if I heard him right.

My mouth was slightly ajar

"Books are on me Loren spoil yourself you deserve it," he said and I replace every book with a hardcover one.

I was debating myself to get softcover or hardcover books

And he just said that.

I felt haha sensational

I bought a couple of them and then we walked out while I was so happy.

" Felix thank you, " I say and raise the bar higher.

He looks at me his laugh fades and he pulls me into a hug "Thank you for living Loren" he says.

And Cut

Wait Cut?

What happened to the cut?

He did not let go of me, we began driving home.

I grab a book and check it, opening the pages.

I notice the car halts down all of a sudden, I turn to look at Felix confused

" Be right back " he says and gives me the widest smile as he rushes out of the car.

I switch the radio on and the song playing was, I start singing along with it.

I hear the car open and I see that he brought cotton candies.

Cotton candies.

He gives me one, I take a good bite

I was vibing to the song on the radio and so was he.

We both were eating cotton candies.

" I used to eat these when I was a kid and these were the favorite part of my birthday," he says and I listen to what he just said.

Woahhh

I do know better than to ask him to keep on talking even though I want him to because I know the would just dismiss it.

We both reach our home.

That came so naturally as if it was our home.

I step out of the car before I could carry the bag containing books he does, and locks the car before we go to the elevator.

I take a deep breath remembering the time I got stuck in the elevator with him and my mom was here.

I look at him to find him looking at me, I would not be surprised to find out if he was also thinking the same thing.

He placed his palm on the right side of my cheek, caressing it with his thumb.

I suck in a breath.

He leans in and kisses me, I kiss him more passionately.

I missed this.

I missed him.

The elevator bell rings and I did not care until I hear " You kids are trying to make me a grandmother "

" Mom," I say wide-eyed, breaking our kiss.

The timing

" What are you doing here ?" I ask her not knowing why was she there

" I made you soup Loren for my only daughter," she says and fans herself before she continues " Oh God, do I need permission to see my child who was in the hospital?"

She says about to tear up.

" I am a sorry mom" I apologize to her hugging her.

We all walk toward Felix's condo

"Good evening Mrs . Woods " Felix greets mom.

" Do not call me that Felix " she says and laughs.

" I am gonna have to use the kitchen to heat this," she says walking towards the kitchen.

We both sit on the couch.

"Are you fine Loren? Do you need anything?  Felix asks me worried.

" Do you need pillows? I will go get pillows " he says and starts walking to the room before I could even answer him.

" He loves you " my mom whisper yells.

"Mom " I swear to God what did she just say right now?

" What if he would have heard that" I almost yell at her.

He rushed back to the couch and set the pillows for me while mom walked out with the soup bowl.

" Here," she says and places the bowl on the coffee table in front of me.

" This is for you, she says and hands Felix something that looked delicious.

" Is that Lasagna? " I ask her shocked.

" What ?" she says looking at me and dismissing my question casually.

" Both of you dig in to eat," she says.

I take a spoonful of soup and eat it, it's hot but it feels good.

I take in the aroma with every breath I am eating.

" This is tasty " Felix moans as he eats.

I let out a laugh without me noticing it.

He eats so cutely

After staying with us for a while our mom walked out saying she would be early for the big day.

_____________

Click the star below and make me hapoy