Summer Time

So there I was on the last day of school with yearbook in hand waiting outside for my friends, so the ones I hadn't seen yet could sign my book.

"Hey, you!" Brad smiled as he greeted me. "Sign it, sister!" He shoved a pen in my hand and traded me books.

'Brad: I truly couldn't ask for a better guy friend! H.A.G.S. Maxine<3"

I got mine back and read:

'Maxine, I'm so glad you're not as scary as your family. And I'm also glad you're my best friend. H.A.G.S. Love, Brad.'

I grinned snapped my book shut and held it in my arm while waiting for Sue and Axl. Surprisingly they both walked up at the same time.

"Guys, sign my yearbook?" I asked.

"Already did. Remember, first period." Sue nodded.

"Oh yeah, forgot." I shrugged.

"I'll sign it." Axl held his hands out.

I waited as he scrawled a message into my book. For someone who wasn't the best with words he sure was taking up a lot of space. He took an entire page and I was just standing there waiting like an idiot.

"Don't read it until you're home tonight." Axl snapped the book shut and began to hand it to me when he suddenly stopped. "Know what... How about I'll give this back when I'm ready for you to read it."

"But I want to get it signed by more people!" I whined.

"It's the end of the last day. Whoever hasn't signed by now isn't important." Axl shook his head. "Come on, Sue! Let's go home."

Sue and I passed each other questioning looks as she turned and followed Axl down the street.

"Hey, guys!" Sean smiled as he walked out the front doors of the school.

"Hey!" Sean and I sing songed.

"Where's your yearbook?" Asked Sean pointing to me.

"Axl wrote a bunch of stuff in it then he took it home with him." I rolled my eyes.

"Huh..." Sean laughed. "That's too bad I wanted to sign it."

"Well when I get it back you'll be the first person I come visit. Mainly because you live next door." I laughed.

"Okay." Sean nodded. "You guys want a ride back home?"

"Please!" Brad held a finger up. "Just drop me at Sue's."

"Same!" I copied Brad's finger motion.

"Alright my cars over in the side lot. Let's go." Sean led the way.

***

"Sue, we're here." Brad announced as we walked into the house.

Sue came bouncing excitedly out of her room. "OH MY GOD OH MY GOD OH MY GOD!!!" She shrieked happily. "I read Axl's message!"