The Big Finale

April 1st, 2016

I know our wedding planning went very quickly but I wanted everyone to be home on break when we got married so Sue and Brad could be my Maid and Man of Honor.

I entered the small back bathroom of the church to do my natural looking hair and makeup which ended up beautifully if I do say so myself. Coupled with my dress... I turned to see Brad and Sue in tears.

I helped sue into her dress as Brad put on his jacket

(This is Sue's dress obviously, and imagine a really nice blazer in this color for Brad

(This is Sue's dress obviously, and imagine a really nice blazer in this color for Brad.)

As silly as it was Darrin wasn't wearing a tux. He was wearing a purple suit. Which was just fine with me. Nothing about us was traditional. Here I am getting married to my dream guy who I never dreamed would be the dream guy.

We walked into the waiting area and lined up. Brad and Axl first bumped as they'd be walking out together first, Sean and Sue gave each other that look and linked arms.

I felt a tap on my shoulder to turn and be met with my brother Derrick. He was in a blue flannel suit with the sleeves cut off. He looked good but it made me laugh. He grabbed my hand.

"You know I always pictured you ending up with that one..." He told me pointing to Axl, "but I'm really glad you didn't. Darrin is a good dude and makes you so happy."

I chuckled and began to tear up. I pecked my brother's cheek and the music began. The wedding party took their go filing in and taking their spots.

It was my turn.

Derrick and I stood in front of the doors. They opened slowly revealing the church and Darrin at the altar waiting.

When he saw me Darrin began crying with happiness and I did as well. Derrick slowly walked me up the aisle and I couldn't wait to get there.