Aftermath

~~May 17th 2015~~

Many people were very confused about why Axl and I couldn't make it work. Those people included myself. It's not that I didn't try again. I did. We tried to forgive each other, to move on together, and grow. We just couldn't do it... Not together.

Was I sad, sure. But I'm also a Glossner. And us Glossner women we don't need men. Therefore I feel like it's better to just be alone...

As for the Heck family... I still see them around from time to time. Shoot, I work in the local dive bar now so occasionally Mike pops in and it's nice. But things were definitely not what they used to be, and they'd never be that again. Which is fine cuz life's funny that way.

"Heya, Maxine." Speak of the devil it was Mike Heck himself. "Just a Budweiser, and... What're you havin' Darrin?"

Woah. That had been a name I hadn't heard in awhile.

"Just whatever you're having is fine Mr. Heck." Darrin nodded.

"Two Budweiser's. Got it." I said leaning over my well and grabbing out to bottles. I popped each open and sat them down in front of the two men.

"Now, Darrin. You gonna tell Maxine what you told me?" Mike raised his eyebrows.

"Um... See... Sometimes I hangout at the Heck's cuz I miss Sue. And well Frankie and I talked and I said I always thought you were kinda pretty." Darrin explained awkwardly.

"Oh. Thanks." I smiled as I took the money in front of Mike. "And I always thought you were a really nice guy growing up."

"Yeah. I liked you back in the day. Like a lot." Darrin admitted.

"See... That wasn't that hard." Mike clapped him on the back.

"But you always liked Axl. And Axl was my best friend and so I kinda just left it alone." Darrin told me.

"Oh. Well why are you telling me now then?" I asked.

"I'm single. Sue's not around. You're single and Axl's not really around. So like... Maybe we could go out sometime?" Darrin asked.

I giggled. "I haven't really thought about dating again after Axl."

"I know it's hard to get over your heart being broken... Trust me." Darrin added.

"Yeah." I nodded.

"But you were always so fun and nice and pretty. And even if it's not a date we could just hangout as friends." He offered.

"Um... Sure I guess that would be okay." I smiled.

"Okay." Darrin hopped off his barstool a bit. "Friday. My house... It's the only tiny house in Orson."

"I know right where it's at." I beamed back at him.

"Great! It's a date!" Darrin clapped. "I mean it's not... Not a date."

I laughed and set the money back down in front of Mike. "Know what? This made my day. On the house sir."

"Thank you." Mike nodded.