Last Day of Summer

School started tomorrow and Frankie had dropped Sue and I off at the local strip mall to go school clothes shopping. Rita had given me $50. Which really wasn't a lot in terms of clothing, but when you went to Delilah's Deals you could actually make out okay with $50.

Instantly Sue ran to a mannequin wearing a baby pink t-shirt dress covered in little rainbows. "Look at this! Isn't it just sooo cute!" She checked the tag. "And for $5!!!! I'm getting it!"

I looked through the rack next to the mannequin as much as the little rainbows were adorable, for Sue, the style of dress was very cute and I wanted to see if there were any other colors or patterns. There were... A pale yellow one with a nice burgundy and dark pink floral pattern and wouldn't you know that was just my style. I then stumbled upon a midnight blue one with little moons on it, and picked up one of those too.

"Let's try these on." I said to Sue heading to the dressing room.

I emerged from the dressing room first in the yellow dress unsure of how the color looked against my pale coloring.

"Hmm... It's cute. But idk. Maybe the color of the dress is a little too light on me." I stated looking in the mirror.

"Okay, but do you like it?" Sue asked.

"Yeah." I nodded.

"And would you wear it more than once?" She smirked.

"It's pretty comfy so obviously." I smirked back.

"Then it's settled you're buying it, sister!" Sue said clapping me on the shoulder.

So I kept both the dresses, found a cute pair of jeans and saved the rest of my cash for the thrift store across the parking lot.

We walked in to the Orson Re-Sell and immediately I spotted the most stunning blouse. Black and velvety with a v-neck and long flared sleeves. I had $30 left and I didn't care if I used all of it on this blouse I needed it!

I took it off the hanger and inspected it. Medium, no rips or stains (like the usual stuff I found here), and no strange smell. I was sold. I didn't even try it on. And even better only $3!

Next was a pair of Abercrombie boyfriend style jeans. $5. And I was able to find some of those cute oversized t-shirts (you know the kind that people like to put over leggings) and of course leggings of all colors (the resell was having a deal 5 for $5 on leggings). I even found a cute little hat and scarf set and bought that and a nice jacket. And boom I was out of money.

"You thinking what I'm thinking!" Giggled Sue.

"Yeah I wanna get home and show these to Rita!" I exclaimed.

"Well that too, but bff bedroom fashion shoooooowww!" Cheered Sue.

Then she looked at me with a cheesy grin and we both burst out laughing.

***

We pulled into the driveway with Axl and climbed out of the car. I went to grab my bags but Axl beat me to it.

"I got it." He nodded to me heading into the house.

Sue and I followed suit and made our way into her bedroom. She set her bags down looked around and then asked, "where's your stuff?"