Alternate Ending

😍😍k so I know some of us were disappointed Maxine ended up with Darrin and not Axl. So I wrote a little something for you.😍😍

***

I stood nervously in the back of the church my hands trembling. This was the first day of the rest of my life. Sue finished helping with my hair and I slipped my shoes on.

"Ready to become Mrs. Heck?" She asked gently resting her hands on my shoulders.

"I was born ready!" I replied and we both laughed.

"I'm pretty sure Axl was too." She nodded.

With that we made our way to the doors. The wedding was very non traditional. Wedding party was basically just Sue standing with me and Brick standing with Axl. I didn't have anyone to give me away, but didn't need it. I'd always been Axl's since the day I'd laid eyes on him.

The song started and down walked Brick, then Sue, and then it was my turn.

I smiled as I made my way down the aisle to stand next to the love of my life.

Reverend Tim Tom began his speech and then it was time for the vows.

We'd written our own and in perfect fashion Axl went first.

"So we all know ladies can't resist the Axe-man! Which explains perfectly why you couldn't just stay away, and thank God for that! I knew I had to marry you since I was seven years old. I may not have always acted like I liked you, but I couldn't because you were Sue's dorky friend. Anyways I guess what I'm trying to say is I love you... More than anyone else in the world. And I'm lucky after everything I ended up standing here with you."

Then me:

"Axl from the first moment I saw you I knew I loved you. Even at 6 years old I knew you were the one I wanted to marry. And now that it's finally happening it's not anything like I imagined it would be... Because it's even better! Who gets to say they get to marry someone they've loved nearly their entire life? Not many, but I do."

From there we completed the ceremony, and had a wonderful reception. It was small, but we didn't need anything huge to show off. I had what I wanted and a life with who I wanted I didn't care if people thought we were fancy or anything as long as I had Axl I'd be okay.

We danced our first dance to you guessed it... Oh it is love. And sue caught the bouquet! The food was amazing the speech was wonderful... Everything is great when you're with your person.

***

September 17 2017

I sat on the edge of the tub, just waiting. I'd called out from work today because I just hadn't felt myself. The timer on my phone beeped time was up. Let's see what will happen with the rest of my life.

I picked up the little stick off the sink and looked down. I almost dropped it in shock of the little pink plus sign. That couldn't be right! I double checked the box... Little pink plus sign means positive.

I looked up at myself in the mirror and tears sprang to my eyes. How was I going to tell Axl... How was I going to be able to contain myself while I waited?!