Meet the Glossners.

Rita pulled in the driveway sharply. Loud country rock blaring from the car. She made her way over to me with a smile.

"Hey there, girlfriend!" She smiled.

"Hey, mom." I smiled back.

"You called me mom." She said putting a hand over her heart.

"Yepp." I smiled.

She reached for a hug and I obliged her.

In her tight grip I decided it was now or never I had to tell her. "So, mom, I was wondering if Axl could come over. You know, you guys officially meet and he hang out with us."

She pulled back with a gasp. "I was waiting for the day you'd be bringing a guy home to meet me. I left your brothers with Darryl for the rest of the summer so we could have some girl time, but I think I could get used to you having a guy around. Hell I could get used to you being around at all..."

"Great!" I squealed motioning Axl over.

"You sure your parents are okay with you coming over?" Rita asked suspiciously.

"Yeah." Axl waved over at Franky who was stood on the Heck's porch. She waved back at us.

We made our way over to my house with Rita. She began telling us about the drive there and when her and my brothers went out to dinner at 7/11. She also told us of how they lit up tons of firecrackers at uncle Darryl's trailer and that he's married... Again. And how all seven of my cousins were doing. It was nice to finally feel like I was having a normal moment with my mom.

And Axl and her were getting on really well. But that wasn't surprising. Axl is a charmer after all.

We sat and talked and all got to know each other for a good hour which is strange since I grew up in the house with my mom. But oddly I realized I didn't know her like I thought I did. The next thing I noticed and appreciated is Axl never batted an eye at the state of our rickety old house. In fact he was so relaxed there he kicked back in the old LaZBoy.

"So... Now it's time to get real with you Axl. What are your intentions with my little girl?" Rita sat up straight.

"Um, well for right now we're still in highschool. So just being a boyfriend and having fun." Axl nodded.

"Okay. And are you serious about this relationship?" Rita asked.

"As serious as highschool kids can be." He responded.

"You are keeping her a respectable woman aren't you?" Rita said looking between us two.

"Woah! Mom! If your asking about us sleeping togeth-" I began but was cut off.

"No ma'am. She and I are taking it slow and plan to keep it that way until we get married after college." Axl smiled over at me.

Marriage? Normally that would scare a girl away but the blush that crept up to my face couldn't be hidden. It had been my dream ever since I was a little girl to marry Axl. And now to hear that this was his dream too... My heart exploded.

"Well, good. Good." Rita nodded. "But if you guys do ever mess around and need some safety precautions I got your back!" My mom winked and held up a bag. "Condems." She whispered to us.