Media Crisis

"Alright, Judy, you be a good girl for Nana, okay?"

It's been 8 months since Ed and Lorraine Warren welcomed their first child, a daughter, to the world.

Lorraine hasn't left her side since that day.

Today would be the first day that Lorraine would be leaving her baby girl. And she was taking it rough.

Ed ushered her to the door.

"Lorraine, darling, we have to go or we're going to be late. Mr. Downs doesn't mess around when it comes to being punctual."

"Okay, Ed, calm down."

Lorraine gave Judy one last kiss before passing her over to her Nana.

"Thanks for watching her, Mom."

Lorraine's mother smiled sweetly and answered,

"Of course, dear. Don't worry, I'll take good care of her."

Lorraine nodded.

"I'm sure you will. And you promise you'll call if anything goes wrong?"

"Don't worry so much, Lorraine, I know how to take care of a baby, much less my own granddaughter. Now, go on, you don't have much time to get to the studio."

Lorraine grabbed her purse and her coffee, kissed her mother's cheek and walked out the door, Ed following close behind.

Ed opened the car door for Lorraine, then proceeded to get in the car himself on the other side.

As Ed started the car, he could see Lorraine longingly looking at their house.

"Lorraine, please darling, don't torture yourself worrying about her. Your mother is a responsible woman, she can care for a child."

Lorraine sighs and looks over at her husband, giving her a reassuring smile.

"I know you're right, Ed. It's just so difficult. I've never been away from her before. I can't help but worry for her."

Ed takes his wife's delicate hand and softly caresses it with his thumb.

"Believe me, Lorraine, I know it's hard. But you haven't had a vision of anything bad have you?"

Lorraine shakes her head side to side and responds,

"I suppose I haven't."

Ed continues,

"And you trust your mother, correct?"

Lorraine nods.

"Of course I trust my own mother."

Ed beams a satisfactory smile and says,

"Okay then. We have nothing to worry about."

Lorraine smiles at the man across from her.

She loves him with all her heart.

Ed backs the car out of the drive way and steers on to the road, out of their small, quaint neighborhood.

     •••

The Warrens were on their way to an interview with the prompt today show host, Mr. Robert Downs.

Ed and Lorraine had just married 2 years back and started their career together not long after they tied the knot.

They were not well known paranormal investigators yet, hardly having investigated more than 20 homes.