Mystery Man

What happened last night?

Vera woke up to a painful, throbbing headache.

She was sore all over and felt terribly nauseous.

What is going on?

Vera looked down, expecting to see her light grey comforter and sheets.

Instead, she was met with a navy blue bed cover.

Oh my god.

Vera sits up in bed, cautiously taking in her surroundings.

This is not my apartment...

Vera hesitantly looks over to the opposite side of the bed.

Pulling the covers down, she discovers a very muscular man, turned over on his side, facing her.

Vera examined the man beside her.

He had a sharp jawline, with a little bit of stubble.

His dark brown locks of hair were splayed out on the pillow under his head, in a tangled mess.

His eyes were closed, but his long, black eyelashes were softly resting on his rosey cheeks.

His lips were plush and pink, seemingly tasting of something sweet.

And his torso.

Chiseled abs and muscular biceps, evidence of hardcore exercise and athletic training.

Vera watched him as his chest rose up and down slowly, breathing in and out.

He was so peacefully sleeping.

What am I doing? I don't even know this guy! I don't even remember what happened last night!

At that moment, memories of the previous night came flooding back.

It was a whirlwind of drinks, dancing, making out, and physical intimacy.

The bar grand opening... I went with Sarah and Miah to have a few drinks. Before I knew it, I was grinding on someone, having had too many drinks. Some things were said and soon we were in this apartment, his I suppose, and we...

Vera's eyes widened at the thought.

Did I actually...?

Vera lifts up the covers, revealing that she was only wearing her black lace underwear and bra.

Maybe we didn't and it was only...

Vera didn't even want to think about the rest.

All she wanted was to get out of that apartment.

Vera softly slipped off the bed to the floor, careful not to wake the man, and focused on finding her belongings.

Alright, where are my clothes? If I remember correctly, I was wearing...a black dress? Or was it royal blue? No, I think it was black...Yeah, black.

Vera began frantically searching for a black silk dress.

She found the man's t-shirt, jeans, and some other unwanted things.

Ah, there you are!

Vera finds her dress hung over a desk chair.

As she slips back into her outfit, she glances at the neatly organized desk.

There were files and paperwork, folders and sticky notes, pens and sharpies, the whole office setup.

In the middle, there was a laptop, a very expensive one at that.

Vera was tempted to open it and search for some information, maybe some leading to the man's identity, but she decided against it.

Focus, Vera. Okay, I was wearing my black pearl strap heels. Now, where are those?

Vera continued her frantic clothing search, looking at the man every now and then to see if he was still asleep.

Luckily, he seemed to be a heavy sleeper.

Vera finally found her heels and strapped them on.

Purse, purse...purse!

Vera's black handbag was the easiest find, hanging on the door handle.

As she slipped the handbag over her shoulder, Vera felt a twinge of guilt.

I mean, he seems to be a nice guy. It'd be rude to leave without a word. Maybe I should write a note?

Vera nodded, answering her own question and walked back over to the desk.

She grabbed a pen and a hot pink sticky note, and wrote,

Dear sir,

Sorry I don't know your name. I'm unsure of what happened last night, but no matter, I'm sure you're a great guy. I hate to leave so abruptly but life goes on. Thank you for last night, whatever happened.

Vera wanted to wrap up her note with a nickname, something that would give him at least a little bit of insight to her identity.

What's a good name to use?

Vera put some thought into her name but couldn't figure out a good one.

Feeling the need to get back to her apartment, she simply signed.

xx V

There, that'll do it.

Vera crept over to the man's side of the bed and stuck the note to the lamp on his nightstand.

Vera walked quietly back to the door and placed her hand on the knob.

She took one last look around the apartment.

It wasn't shabby looking for a male.

Desk, roller chair, bed, closet, a few paintings here and there.

Nothing too special.

Vera looked over at the peacefully sleeping man, the man she shared a passionate night with.

Maybe we'll meet again someday, mystery man.

Vera quietly opened the door and shut it without a sound.

She then walked through his kitchen and living room, both fairly clean and organized.

Man, I wish all men were this tidy.

As she was exiting the apartment, Vera felt her purse buzzing like crazy.

She took out her phone, the source of the buzzing, and checked it.

26 missed calls from sarah🦋💗
15 messages from MIAH🧸
2 missed calls from Unknown Number

Vera wasn't surprised by the messages and calls, her friends were probably freaking out wondering what happened to her.

I wonder who the unknown number is...

Guess I can call it later and find out.

Right after I get home, answer back Miah and Sarah, take a shower, and nap for a week.

Vera laughed at her own little joke, entering into the stairwell to the main floor of the apartment complex.

Although Vera's memory of last night was still fuzzy, deep down she wished to meet the man again.

He seemed like a great guy and had a nice apartment.

Vera smiled, remembering how handsome he was and thought,

It wouldn't be the worst thing to wake up next to him every morning.

If he was my roommate, I sure wouldn't complain ;)