[Chapter 7]

A set of blue eyes were wide with delight as the owner stared at her beloved village. Nothing seemed out of the ordinary as the townspeople were just as bustling as ever. Not bothering to look at her companion, Freya rushed down the familiar hill and bounded towards her house. Her gaze remained focused on seeing her mother again as her leather bound feet stomped across the cobblestone bridge, not realizing the quizzitive stares she received from the villagers.

Freya beamed as the sight of her quaint home peeked over the hill, looking just like it had when she left it a few days ago. Excitement flickered in her eyes as she approached the wooden door. She slowly slid open the door, and Freya felt her heart melt at the sight in front of her.

Amber stood in front of the stove, her not turning her head towards the door. The Luminary felt a huge weight lifted from her shoulders as she watched her mother stir a pot of stew with her ladle. The floorboards creaked under Freya's weight as she inched closer. Amber perked up and a lovely smile tugged at her lips.

"Is that you, dear? I'm cooking your favorite—stew! It'll be ready any minute now," Amber exclaimed, her eyes twinkling with mirth. Freya felt a surge of confusion swim through her veins at her words, unable to understand how her mother knew that Freya was back. However, before she had a chance to ask, Amber spoke. "You'll be desperate to stuff your face as always, I'm sure. Well, set the table and I'll just give it a last little stir,"

The woman turned around, her gaze lowered towards the floor. Upon seeing a pair of feet instead, Amber's eyes shot up towards Freya's puzzled expression. The older woman gasped, staggering backwards with fear.

"W-Who are you?!" Amber stuttered, panic filling her eyes. The teen felt her heart drop at her mother's question as her mother curled her hands into fists. "And what are you doing in my house?!"

"M-Mum, what are you talking about? It's me!" The Luminary explained, her voice wavering. Amber glowered at her words, prompting Freya to continue on. Shock and confusion clouded her mind as she desperately tried to understand how her mother couldn't recognize her after just a few days. "Freya! Y-Your daughter!"

"What nonsense are you talking? My girl is six years old!" Amber bellowed. With those words, Freya stilled. Amber huffed, fury overtaking the fear that once consumed her. "Who do you think you are, waltzing in here and claiming to be someone you're not? Whoever you are, I want you out of my house this instant! Don't make me say it twice!"

With her body numb, Freya stammered, backing away from her mother. She immediately spun on her heels and barreled out the door, not turning back. The Luminary slammed the door shut behind her and walked towards the fencing surrounding her yard. Resting her hands against the wood, Freya closed her eyes with furrowed eyebrows. Her mind was racing with so many thoughts, but it stopped at what her mother said to her. A particular sentence that left her rattled.

Six years old. Freya was supposedly six years old.

The teen's eyes snapped open as the realization sank in. Did that mean she was ten years in the past? But how was that possible? It just didn't make any sense. After all, she just left Manglegrove with...

Spinning around, Freya frantically tried to look for her spiky haired thief. Anxiety began to boil in the pit of her stomach when she couldn't find his comforting form. She bit down harshly on her bottom lip as her nails dug into the splintered wood. Looking out into the village, her blue hues scanned for any signs of blue hair. However, her pulse picked up at the sight of a little blonde girl crying with a tan little puppy at her feet.