[Chapter 33]

"Finally! Costa Valor at last!"

Everyone laughed as Freya excitedly rushed off the row boat, causing the small vessel to rock back and forth. They watched the teen run across the pier and jump right into the white sandy beach. The Luminary spun around, waving her hand to usher her friends to follow her lead.

"I don't understand how she can have so much energy," Jade let out a sigh, shaking her head in disbelief. Still, there was no mistaking the curl of the woman's ruby painted lips and the light dancing in her amethyst hues.

"Oh, the poor girl must've been so excited all this time," Sylvando added, a small smile curling at the corners of his lips as he peered at the teen in the distance. From his side, Veronica snorted, gripping the side of the boat as Serena gingerly stepped off and onto the pier.

"Well, she was growing restless at the end," The tiny mage said with amusement lacing her words. As Serena reached out her hand to help her twin, Veronica continued speaking while taking her hand. "She couldn't sit still at all when Dave told us that Costa Valor was within eyesight,"

The group erupted into laughter once more as they recalled the remaining moments before they reached the coast. The brunette had practically bounced about in utter delight upon Dave's announcement, and she ended up pacing near the head of the ship. It was endearing, and it was nice to see that there were no signs of Dundrasil's gloom hanging off the girl anymore.

"C'mon, guys!" Freya's voice carried loudly towards the team, gaining their attention again. They all turned their heads to see that the girl had traveled further inland, getting closer to the rock archway located towards the right of the ship.

"Hey, Freya, don't go too far!" Erik exclaimed with narrowed eyes. He jumped out of the small boat, shaking the boat carelessly. The rapid movements earned scoldings from both Jade and Sylvando, yet the chatising went right over the thief's head. Rolling her eyes, Jade trailed after him at a much slower pace. She tagged along with Serena and Veronica and waited at the end of the pier for Rab while Erik dashed ahead to prevent the Luminary from going any further. With a hearty chuckle, Rab clammored out of the boat and turned to the masked man with a wide smile.

"Thanks again, Dave," The elderly man watched as Dave stood tall. He crossed an arm over his chest, bending low at the hips in a formal bow.

"It's no problem at all, sir! I'll be 'ere waitin' for ya whenever you're ready," The helmsman spoke kindly, straightening his back. He turned his head to eye the brunette in the distance, watching her get dragged back to the rest of the group by the spiky haired thief. "Oi, Freya! Be sure to bring back a souvenir, will ya!"

"I promise!" Freya instantly yelled back, raising her hand in a playful salute. Dave let out a chuckle as Rab made his way towards the three girls with Sylvando being the last to linger. The man could see the murky shadow starting to fill the jester's eyes as he hesitantly got off the row boat.

"'Ey, Sylv," Dave called out, snapping the man out of his thoughts. Sylvando turned to face his friend, his face void of any emotion. Behind his mask, Dave frowned slightly but spoke with a serious yet kind tone. "Take care and be lucky. Don't go forcin' yourself when you're not ready,"