56

One week later...

Wonyoung is in Clark's office, in front of her is Clark himself. The two were sitting there for almost half an hour with Clark waiting for Wonyoung to explain the rumor that he heard from sources. She had her head down ever since Clark told her about the issue.

"Wonyoung, we won't be able to move on from our seats if you don't want to open up."

"I'm not just here as your boss.. I'm also here as your friend."

Wonyoung looked up, she was quite bothered by Clark's last statement.

"Friend?"

She chuckled.

"Yeah."

Clark replied, his voice was quite shaky exposing his nervousness.

"From what I know, friends don't cut communication with each other for five years."

"Look, I'm sorry okay? I had to, because something happened."

Wonyoung was not satisfied with Clark's reasoning. She wanted to no more, she wanted to know what the reason behind his decision.

"If you wanted to cut ties with me, you should've said so. I would've saved time from overthinking and having sleepless nights."

Clark sighed after hearing her rant.

"Explain to me the issue first, then I'll tell you the reason behind my decision."

Wonyoung saw the sincerity in Clark's eyes. She got to admit it, Clark didn't lied to her. What he did wasn't even counted as a lie, he just decided to keep it from her. She then started to worry when she realized that she has to tell him the truth.

"The rumor is true."

"Why? After almost eight years of relationship? I thought you guys were stable?"

"I thought so too, and I was also wrong for thinking that I was enough for him."

Clark noticed that Wonyoung's eyes began to tear up. He pushed the tissue box towards her, thinking she'll need it later on.

"Remember when I hugged you last week?"

Clark nodded.

"I desperately needed that, I was longing for my best friend's comfort and I found it that day though I was hurt by what you did I still went and get that hug from you."

"That was also the day that me and Hyunjae broke up because someone sent me a video of him making out with other girls."

"I was devastated, I tried calling him because I needed an answer and I was given one. In fact, a girl answered the phone and said that he's in the shower. He told me that he's going to be practicing for the whole day, I didn't know that he meant to practice in bed and not his dance."

Clark knew what she meant, he suddenly felt anger rushing in his system. He clenched his fist, just by imagining what Wonyoung just said.

"I immediately broke up with him that day, I had enough. I was wasting my love to someone that is not worthy of it."