Log #2

March 17, 2021

Just Yesterday, I went to investigate a forest to find a monster with 'With deer antlers' as multiple witnesses claimed, they posted their encounter online. I received word from HQ that the eyewitnesses are all teenagers, so it might be just a prank, however they wanted to make sure just in case. Usually they would send the B.I or the Beast Investigators, these are the people that HQ sent to investigate an area where people claim they spot some kind of creature.

After properly identifying the monster, they call HQ to report their findings and HQ then send a proper Hunter to send out to deal with it, another important job they do is actually find out whether it's real or not. It's very important because do you have any idea how many times we receive info that leads nowhere!? In fact from what I heard back at the 'The Monster Hunter Program' where we briefly learned the history of the hunters that came before us, the instructor told us that they keep getting falsely misled by the locals while the real monsters roamed freely.

To solve this problem they established the B.I in 1847. But that's enough of history, the reason they didn't send the B.I in the scene is because there are none available that was near the area and all other available are way too far. However I was the closest one to investigate and if true hunt the creature.

A pain in the ass, but a job is a job. Now back to the monster, eyewitnesses description of the monster is very similar to a Wendigo's appearance. Lucky for me, Wendigos aren't very tough to find, all you need is to go deeper into the forest and find multiple ravaged animal carcasses.

However despite being 3km away from civilization, I haven't found a single animal corpse or a blood trail. They intentionally make a lot of mess and blood trials to lead humans, so they can...well you know.

I knew I was wasting my time, but I continued to search. Even camping in my van in the forest at night where they are most active, but still nothing. Morning came and I was annoyed that not just my time was wasted but also getting my hopes up.

I reached for my phone and called HQ.

"This is HQ."

"The mission was just a false alarm, nothing to report." I said,

"I see, we apologize for your inconvenience, this case is closed for now. Do whatever you please until you receive a new case, best luck to you Monster Hunter."

"Roger that." With that I ended the call.

I sat in the driver's seat, bored out of my mind and still a little irritated that my time was wasted by a bunch of kids who don't know what to do with their time. I heard there was a bar near my area, so I should check it out to lift my spirits up. I'll be heading there now, so I think this will be all I type today because I'm gonna get wasted.

Too bad I didn't get any action today. Maybe at the next log I will.