Log#8

March 26, 2021

Hey folks, Anon here. Fully healed now after a few days. Now, let's cut to the chase and tell you how I got my supernatural abilities.

However, before I could tell you, you must know my tragic, devastating backstory to get some background. When my parents were alive and I was just a toddler, we lived in Ontario, Canada. I'm not quite sure the exact location on the map of where we are, but we lived in a region that has a lot of forests.

I'm not sure why, but my parents lived isolated, the closest town being 5 minutes away. I don't remember much, but it was a small house but it was enough for the three of us to live in. However when I turned three, my parents were killed by a Dogman in front of my own eyes.

As said previously, I don't know why, but instead of being scared or sad. I felt...nothing, but the therapist probably said it's my way to process trauma I don't really know. Anyways, I was helpless against the giant wolf creature, however I was saved by three Hunters before it could kill me.

Ever since then, instead of living in an orphanage as you may think, I was actually put in a Government facility. I found out there are many kids like me who lost their parents and survived after an encounter with a monster in the facility. The kid surviving after their parents died after a monster attack is more common than you think.

So there are two ways for you to become a Hunter. One way is that you've been selected by the Government due to your skills, you have to be extremely good at combat or be someone useful to help the other Hunters, most people that became Hunters this way were ex-military. The second option is you have to be 'adopted' by the Government.

What do I mean by that? Well, I said before that many kids become orphans after a monster attack, if the child is alive they would be placed in the care of the Government, they give the child the necessary needs such as food, clothes, toys and amongst other things. We even got education, however unlike normal schools they added a new subject which is Hunter class, it's a subject that involves monsters, the history of monsters, their weakness and why you should become a Hunter.

Then after you turn nine, they will ask you a question, a question I will never forget.

"Are you prey or Hunter?" They explained more of what they just said.

What they're trying to say is that if you choose to be prey, the Government will give you an easy life, they will help you make a career choice, pay for your needs, your college fees and pay a huge amount of money for keeping your mouth shut. The other option was obvious and I chose, surprise! The Hunter option. After choosing my option I was moved to a different facility, the new one was cleaner than the last one.

The new facility functions as the Hunter's boot camp basically, our instructors trained our bodies to the limits and gave us hell on earth, we also learned more information about monsters during classes. When I search up military boot camp training, theirs looks like a warm-up compared to ours. I swear that I was gonna die before I graduate from training.

During my time in Hunter's boot camp or more commonly known as Hunter's academy, in class we received an invitation. It was an invasion to take part in the 'Monster Hunter program'. It was a program designed to create the strongest Hunters.

We would train much harder and get extra lessons, so basically what I'm already doing in the academy, but on steroids. I don't know why I signed up, but I did it anyway. If I remember correctly there were about 80 kids with varying ages that signed up at the program.

If I thought I was gonna die, I thought I was in hell. One time we were forced to fight an actual monster, a Rake to be exact, it was my first fight with a monster and I'm not gonna lie it was really thrilling. Not to brag but I was one that did the final blow before the monster died, I was only eleven at the time.