Log#14

April 10, 2021

Hey folks, I received another call for another mission...and it was one of my unusual ones. You know the drill, I'll give you a replica of the conversation on the phone, all though I might have got things wrong, they did call me at 3 in the morning.

The conversation:

"God damn it...what is it?" I said groggily, I vaguely remember being tempted to ignore the call and back to sleep.

"I apologize for calling so late, however we need for this mission." The female dispatcher said on the phone.

I rubbed my eyes and got up from my seat/bed.

"This better be good," I growled out.

I don't usually speak like you've noticed after reading my previous logs. I'm like this when I'm really ticked off.

"We need you to investigate a town not too far from here, in fact if I recall it would be only a 2-hour drive."

"That's one good news. But why am I investigating? Are there any B.I agents nearby?" I asked, feeling a little better that this mission is only a few hours to travel.

"None, unfortunately, the Beast Investigators say that they need agents to investigate the incident."

I raise my brow. I didn't hear anything about an incident. Curiously I asked what they were talking about.

"I don't know the details myself. They responded.

"All I know there was an incident that made the Government send a lot of B.I agents in the field."

"Alright, any details on this mission I should be aware of?"

"None. But I'll repeat the details with more information. The small community you're going to is nearby where you're calling. There is only one road to get to town and apparently it's surrounded by huge forests."

"Lovely." I grimly said in my head.

This year I've been fighting a lot of monsters in the woods. It's been a while since I fought a monster in an abandoned city or anything other than the deep dark woods.

"Intel says that there have been disappearances in the town over the years, but it was all base than rumors, but the higher ups decided to send someone anyways."

"What is the town's name?" I asked.

"Paradice's Forest." Then the conversation ended.

I'm currently driving there now, but beforehand I quickly went to the ammunition store and grabbed some ammo for my weapons as well as grocery shopping for food. Investigation missions like this take a few days to complete in order to be sure that there isn't any monster terrifying the town.

As I was driving, I couldn't help but be curious of what the dispatcher said on the phone. We never had an incident where the Government had to send a lot of B.I agents to the point where none were available. I could probably learn more as I investigate the town.

Anyways, all folks and I'll see you guys in the next log.