Log 4#

March 20, 2021

I just woke up and I decided to type, I have nothing to do this past couple of days. I need to do something that helps me relax after the nightmare I had last night. I don't remember much about it except that I was in a town that I think I have never been to, I think because the town was familiar, but at the same.

I don't remember much except seeing...unpleasant things. Anyways so far my morning has been uneventful, I'll write something again if something interesting happens.

//////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

I just received a new case to do that was given to me in about 2 hours after my first paragraph. This is not exactly a perfect copy of my conversation with HQ, but I think it's close enough.

"Hello?" I said, answering my phone.

"This is Hunter's HQ, we have a mission for you." A monotone voice called out, I wonder why Dispatchers always sound so bored probably because they don't get any action and just sit in a chair all day.

"About time, what is type of monster is it?'' I asked.

"We...don't know." I raised a brow and put my drink down now taking this seriously, their usual monotone voice now full of concern.

"You don't know? Then send in a B.I agent or something." I inquired, HQ wouldn't just give me a mission without knowing the cryptid i'm facing unless they would send me there and investigate and kill the creature.

"We did...however they never reported back."

After they said that, it was silent and suddenly the room became a bit more cold. B.I agents aren't strong as hunters, but their skills are so great that they make U.S marines look like boy scouts by comparison. Not to mention unlike some Hunters such as myself go solo, they work in groups but most commonly three.

For them to suddenly just...while the deaths of B.I do happen it's because they faced a powerful monster or work alone.

"How many agents were there?"

"...Four." Shit.

That means I'm dealing with a powerful monster, probably a B class or if I'm unlucky an A class. Either way, I'm gonna get a one hell of a beating.

"Alright, I understand I'll do the mission." I said aloud.

"Do you require backup?"

"No, I'll handle this on my own"

It was silent for a moment before a deep sigh came out of the dispatcher.

"Very well, the mission's location is in a forest in Pacfic Northwest, we'll send in the exact coordinates later. Before I end the call. We will send you a file from a recording sent to us by the one B.I agent on the mission. However the contents are distributed, it's not necessary for you to listen, it's just there to give you a clue what kind of monster you are dealing with." They paused for a moment.

"That is all for now, best of luck to you Monster Hunter." Then the call ended.

Pasfic Northwest huh? It will take me a few days to get there at the location I'm at. I felt...excited, don't get me wrong I was scared, but the excitement was stronger than the fear. You might think I'm crazy and i'm probably am, but you have no idea how fun killing these massive terrifying creatures could be.

I was always a detached person, I mean, when my parents were killed and eaten in front of me, I didn't feel anything. You know what, yeah I'm probably insane. While I do enjoy things that normal people tend to enjoy I feel like that fun that normal people have doing these things have been numbed.

Like I don't enjoy it as much, the only thing that gets my blood pumping is slaying those monsters, it makes me feel...alive. Which is kinda ironic because just one mistake can lead to my throat slashed and my body devoured. But I still enjoyed it, I don't why, probably because of what that crazy serum did to me.

Anyway, enough talking about my depressing past. The audio recording they sent me was pretty disturbing. I'll repeat what they said here in written form, but be warned the contents are disturbing, if you're queasy with this kind of crap then just go to the next log or leave.

This was exactly the audio recording:

"*Grunt* S-shit, motherfucker nearly killed me." The speaker was male and sounded to be in his mid 30's.

"HQ, if you're hearing this, then we'll probably be dead." He paused for a moment before speaking once more.

"Sorry, I thought I heard something. The bastard got all of us, i'm the last one remaining, can't believe they got Danny too. HQ, I identified the monster its..!"

Suddenly before he could finish a loud roar could be heard. Suddenly I heard rapid footsteps right after, judging by the rapid footsteps and the timing of the roar I'm guessing the monster spotted and then he started running. He continued running while the roars could be heard but getting less louder.

After a few minutes of heavy breathing and rapid footsteps, he suddenly stopped. It was again silent aside from his breathing. He waited for a couple seconds more before letting out a sigh of relief.

"I-" He was interrupted when a loud roar suddenly could be heard but this time right next to him.

All could be heard is the man's scream as well as sick wet sounds coming out from the audio. After a few minutes of the wet sounds and the screaming it went silent, but before the audio ended, the beast's loud footsteps can be heard before the audio abruptly ends.

Poor bastards. I've been preparing my gear as well as theorizing what the monster could be. I'm gonna hit the road now, hopefully I get there faster so I could end the creturer's existence and give the team peace, they deserve it after the shit they got through. Wish me luck and I'll see you in the next log.