Log#12

April 6, 2021

Hey folks, it's been a week since my last log. I was planning to type the story earlier but you know injuries. Also I guess I'm sorry that I left the last log in a cliffhanger.

But anyways enough about that, let's head right into the story because I want to get this over it. I'm currently typing at 1 in the morning and I'm tired as hell! Anywho lets resume the story:

Everybody was nervous by the fact that this Wendigo was stalking us for nearly 10 minutes. I was tempted to draw my Saber-Arms and charge at the monster, but I kept my cool and kept on walking.

"Hey Anon, how's Marika? Is she doing well?" Aya asked.

I was confused at first, but I then quickly realized what she was doing. Wendigos were once human, but turned into a feral beast, but that beast retains its human intelligence. While they can't talk, they certainly understand the conversation, if they know English.

Most Wendigos originated from the Native Amercians 5 centuries ago and I doubt they learned English during their time as a Wendigo. By the way, Wendigos, while powerful, are a dying species. The reason being that the ritual that turns cannibals to Wendigos has been long forgotten and I don't think people today would willingly become a monster let alone a cannibal.

Back to the story, while I don't think any of the Wendios know English or at least know a small amount. But it's better to be safe than sorry and besides it might make the Wendigo less wary of us if we talk casually.

"Oh she's doing well, although she has been a pain my butt lately." I chuckled.

This technique is actually one of the best to trick monsters into a state of calm. A lot of monsters are similar to animals, they get wary when their prey has spotted them. So during this time it is best to stay calm and ignore it, this will make the monster's guard be down causing it to be vulnerable to attack.

"Hahaha, yeah that sounds alright. What about you, big guy?" Aya says, gesturing to Kyle.

He didn't say anything and instead shrugged.

"Oh come on! You talk about our last mission together, at least say something."

"This guy can talk?" I remembered thinking.

Me and Aya basically talk the whole time while also at the same time trying to keep our ears open for our stalker. We then hear another branch snap, but this time closer. As we were talking she nodded and I nodded back.

I turned to Kyle who also nodded. Then in a quick motion me and Aya whipped our Saber-Arms and released a hail of bullets where the last sound came from. After emptying our clips, Kyle charged in with his wolverine claws unsheathed.

Aya rushed behind him while I quickly reloaded my Saber Arms before rejoining the group. Instead of a Wendigo we shot, it turned out to be another grizzly bear.

"You've got to be kidding me." I sighed.

Aya and Kyle didn't say anything and just observed the bear that was full of holes from our bullets. I remembered I was about to say something, but Aya spoke up.

"This is a trap."

Before I could ask her to elaborate, I suddenly felt cold as I heard loud noises to the side, Looked to the side to find a wendigo charging at me. It sharpened claws aiming for me.

It had a head of a dear, or rather a rotting corpse of a dear as a head. Its body, like the head, looked like a decaying corpse, but this time more resembled a human body. It also had huge arms like a bair, while having long human hands with bloodied claws attached.