Log #10

March 29, 2021

Hey folks, I'm back. Just received a call from HQ, they got a new job for me. But this time, it's going to be slightly different.

This was the conversation between HQ and I:

"Anon speaking."

"This is HQ, we have a new job for you." A woman's voice says.

"Alright, is the monster identified?" I asked, lately I was the one investigating the type of monster not the B.I and trust me trying to kill a monster while trying to figure out what monster is easier said than done.

"That is right, the monster have been identified. For this mission 2 more hunters will join you to fight the beast." My mood dropped a little.

I wasn't against working with people, I just prefer hunting monster's by myself and besides they'll just get in my way or annoy me. Besides, I find myself working better alone.

"Can't I just do it on my own? I mean I can take care of myself just fine."

"...Negative, the other hunters accompanying have already accepted the mission. You were the one last informed." The women responded.

I let out a deep sigh. Guess I have no choice but to interact with people. I'm really looking forward to it, yay.

"Can I atleast know what kind of monster we were dealing with?"

"The B.I agent identified the creature as a Wendigo, a powerful one at that. The agent was nearly killed and is currently receiving treatment."

Wendigo. One of the most well known monsters to normal people and to hunters, one of their worst nightmares. There is a reason why these bastards are rated as A-tier monsters.

I encountered only two Wendigos so far. Both times despite my supernatural abilities and skills I end up almost dying. The only reason I'm alive was from luck.

A quick information dump. Apparently their origins come from the Native American Tribes before the settlers come to this country. The story goes that a man that participated in cannibalism will turn into a Wendigo.

Usually that would be everything else, but turning to a Wendigo isn't as easy as eating another person. First you must partake in a ritual that involves cannibalism, I forget the other details, but if the ritual is successful they will turn into a Wendigo. The power you receive by turning to a Wendigo enhances strength, speed and scenes.

Similar to the serum I took in the program, but unlike the serum being a Wendigo gives you control over animals. It could control a mosquito to a grizzly. In turn for this power you sacrifice your humanity, doomed to be immortal and eat flesh unless you are slain.

Anyways, they gave me a location and I should arrive there in a day if I move now. I just want this job over with so this will be it for today. That's all folks, I'll see you guys in the next log.