Log#5

March 21, 2021

I'm currently on break after driving for several hours. By tomorrow I should be able to reach my destination. Since i'm driving around this, i'm pretty sure things will be uneventful, but i'll give you readers a prize for sticking with this long.

The prize is..that I will show or rather tell my weapons I store in my van. Disappointed? Don't worry it will be really fun.

Being a Monster Hunter I'll have to face creatures that are even worse than your nightmares, so the Government gave us high quality weapons that you've never seen before, even some stuff that are "Illegal" due to how dangerous the weapons are. You buy these weapons by going to one of our bases and you have to purchase them. However the downsides is that they are expensive to the average joe, buying a weapon varies depending on how powerful and effective it is, but the common price is $5000-$10,000 and those are just the common ones. Now enough with weapon price it's time I tell the weapons I have.

One of my favorite weapons to bring in the field is my lovely sawed off double barrel shotgun. It's always satisfying everytime I blow up a monster's face, additionally I could wield it like a pistol. Another weapon I use is a sniper, specifically I use a Barrett M82, although I don't really use it that much.

While a sniper is an important tool for a Monster Hunter, It doesn't suit my fighting style. I prefer up close in person rather than killing my prey at a distance. I have a variety of knives and machetes to use when the bastards are up my face.

I also have a couple of pistols lying around for emergencies, a katana to mess around, but my favorite weapon that I always use is one of the unique ones created by the government: Saber Arms. You know the Gunblade from Final Fantasy, it's basically that. Before you say something the Government wouldn't create something ridiculous like that, well you are wrong.

As long as it works and is an effective tool, the government will make anything. While I usually work alone, occasionally I'll work with other hunters when facing a difficult monster and one time I worked with a girl about the same age as me who was wielding a ridiculous giant anime sword and actually able to swing it.

I wonder if she was one of the kids at the program with me, who would probably explain her strength. Then there was some dude wielding a 5 barreled shotgun that shoots at the same time, again he was probably the kid back in the program because his shoulder should have been shattered from the recoil. There are only a hundred of us in the program and only a few made out alive, how can I be so bad at remembering them?

Oh well whatever, back to my lovely mistress of death, unlike the Gunblade from Final Fantasy is that the barrel of the gun is horizontal and the part of the guard. The blade was similar to a katana except a bit shorter. Additionally there are different types of Saber Arms, there is the pistol version, revolver, etc. I chose the revolver one of course.

You probably have a good idea of what the Saber Arms is used for. The gun part attacks the opponent when they are far away or fleeing and the blade part is when they wanna get closer to you. That's pretty much all my weapons , okay I have a lot more listed on, but they aren't as important as the ones mentioned.

Any who that's all, breaktime is almost over and I have to go back the road again.

////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

As I predicted nothing happened that much. Although I did spot a cute waiter when I visited a cafe during the breaks. Anyways it's night now gotta go to bed, see you guys at the next log.