Log#7

March 23, 2021

Hey folks I just killed the bastard and it roughed me up pretty good. I would have written this last log, but I wanted to rest my body after the battle. Now then this is what happened last night.

Last log, I decided to rest before facing the monster. When it was night time, I left my van grabbing my Saber Arms, 3 small knives and my sawed off shotgun and headed to the hiking trail. Eventually I reached the location where the agents began their investigation on the unknown monster, ironically I arrived at the location at 3:00 am.

I took in a deep sniff at the air, it was faint from where I'm standing but I could smell blood and fresh dead bodies. I followed the horrid stech. It was still disgusting to sniff out dead bodies and blood, even when I got used to the smell I still would rather rip my nose off than sniff any more of this horrid scent.

But I recognize the importance of my enhanced smell, it saves the trouble of finding the dead bodies and makes it easier to track monsters. As I followed the scent, each step I made, made the smell stronger and not even a few minutes later, in the bushes I found three corpses. All three corpses were mangled that it was difficult to tell what their face or gender even is.

One of them was missing a torso, one was missing an arm, there were a lot of body parts missing from the agents, the bastard cleaned up most of the blood which means this monster is intelligent. The monster probably ate the missing body parts, while the remaining ones here were tried to be hidden so no one can find them, the monster was probably intending to eat the rest later. I quickly noticed that a body was missing, in the report that there were 4 agents missing and I only found three.

I first thought the monster finished the fourth body whole, but as I searched the area for more clues, I noticed that there was grass covered in blood near a hiking trail and not just that, it was a trail of blood covered grass that leads deeper in the dark woods.

"I see so it's trying to lead off curious hikers and go to its habitat. Smart." I said to myself.

Knowing it was a trap I followed my trail, but not before holding firmly to my Saber Arms that was strapped in my waist, ready to unsheathe it if the monster ambushes me. As I slowly tread the dark woods, I tried sniffing out the beast's location, however couldn't make out anything yet. After minutes of walking I soon found a small cave enough to house 2 humans.

The cave was discovered with long grass moss and surrounded by a few thin trees. It would make it difficult to be noticed especially in the darkness however thanks to my enhanced eyesight that gives me a similar view to night vision goggles. I know you guys are confused with my unnatural abilities, but I'll tell you later in the log, but for now let me tell you how I fought the beast.

As I approached the cave, I suddenly halted my movement. I smell body dirt, blood and body odor and also thanks to my enhanced hearing I was able to tell there was movement. All those sounds and smells are coming from...behind me. I just stood there, trying to anticipate the most likely monster's next move.

The only sound I could hear was the leaves and branches rustling from the wind, but soon, I started walking once more trying to act naturally. If the monster is smart, then just standing there doing nothing will seem suspicious. As I continued to get closer to the grave, the quiet sounds of rustling and the smell of dirt and blood came after me and even got closer.

In a quick motion I unsheathe my Saber Arms and using the gun part shot the thing behind me. I got an immediate response after my fire, a loud roar could be heard not even a few feet behind me. I couldn't really see much due to it hiding behind the thick trees, but what I did see was that it was incredibly hairy and massive.