Check-up part 1

South Korea poured himself a cup of coffee in his dark blue mug. The steam slowly danced out of the cup, letting the sweet smell of coffee in the air. He then added some cream into the coffee to sweeten it up a bit. After stirring the contents together South gently lifted the cup, feeling the warmth traveling through his fingertips. South then took a sip of the coffee and exhaled afterwards. He hoped that this magical thing could keep him awake after several nights of restless sleep. It's clear to anyone that South wasn't able to sleep well from his messy features and dark circles under his eyes. His mind has been tainted with thoughts about the well being of North. He thought of different scenarios and items that could harm the defenseless country.

He has baby proofed every corner from top to bottom in this house. South wouldn't let North out of his sight for more than a few seconds or when he falls asleep. Even so, South will check up on the small country every five minutes and if he's working he would use the baby monitor and rush to North at the slightest sound. A small sneeze from North through the monitor could send South a rush of adrenaline therefore making South rush to check on North who's usually ok.

South looked down at his cup, staring at the substance inside of it. His phone suddenly rang, making the short country jump in surprise from the sudden noise. South placed his coffee on the counter and picked his phone, noticing that it was Germany who's calling him. South then answered the call.

"Hello?" South said, in a low and tired voice.

"Hallo South, you sound well, are you sick?" Germany asked.

"Ah no, just a little tired... who knew taking care of a child would be so hard," South forced a small chuckle.

"Yeah they are... talking about children, I wanted for you to bring over North to the laboratory to do another test. I think we're pretty close in finding a cure for him!"

"That's great! When do I bring him in?"

"Bring him in about 4 hours, I'll be waiting for your arrival here, alright?"

"Yes, see you soon!"

South hung up on the call. A small smile formed in his tired face, hope started to sparkle getting rid of the dull eyes he wore not so long ago. North will be cured and get back to normal soon, something South was awaiting for. He will admit that taking care of a baby North Korea is nice and all but North really needs to return back.

South went to North, seeing that the small country had barely woken. His small chubby hand rubbed tiredly at his good eye. The eyepatch was tilted in a weird angle on North which could be due to him sleeping and accidentally moving it. South has tried to get the eyepatch off of North when he sleeps, but North always puts it back on himself or cries if it's out of his reach. South looked sadly at North's eye socket, now that the eyepatch wasn't covering it, he felt a tang of guilt that North was still missing it even though he's turned into a child. As a matter of fact, many of his scars are still on him even when he's like this.

South tried to not think about much and picked up North. He walked to the bathroom and gave North a warm bath. He was able to get the eyepatch off there, and was able to entertain North with a rubber ducky and bubbles. South gently washed North and soon took him out of the bathtub and into the yellow ducky towel. While South dried North, the smaller country blabbered, "paaaa! Paaaaaa! Paaaaaaaaaaa!" South playfully rolled his eyes, knowing exactly what the small country wanted. He grabbed the eyepatch and offered it to North in which he quickly took it and placed it on. South changed North to a new set of clean clothes after that.

After a while both siblings were ready to leave the house and go to the laboratory. South placed North in his baby car seat and secured him before driving to the lab. South was both anxious and excited to see what the tricolored country may have to return his brother back to normal.

They soon arrived at the lab, South took out North and carried him to the doors. His steps were slow as South felt the anticipation. His heart beated quickly as he reached out for the door. He finally opened it and walked inside the building. North was calmly sucking on his thumb as he looked around the place. South went to the room where Germany works. When he got inside he was greeted by Germany and someone else.

~•~