The News

South's POV:

It's been a few days since the check-up. Germany has called me back to inform me that the test results turned out well and that the cure is underway! My mind can now rest in peace knowing that my brother is going to be back to normal, his adult self, though my heart twinges slightly of sadness knowing that I'll miss him once hes back. It's just he's so cute, and he's actually very caring now but I know that he is a country with responsibilities.

Talking about responsibilities... I received an urgent call from UN. His voice sounded urgent, strict and almost seemed to be slightly stressed..?  He needed me to go over to a meeting that appeared out of nowhere, giving me just a few hours to prepare myself. It's strange that he gives meetings with so little time, usually he gives a heads-up about a meeting weeks prior, or try to find a good schedule with the country. This meeting was also mandatory, it made me feel that something might be wrong. Though I am uncertain on why.

As I put on my black suit I heard the doorbell and hastily walked over to open the door. Behind the door revealed a red, white, and blue star striped country by the name of United States of America. He was wearing his sunglasses as per usual. I stood aside, letting him in. "Thank you for coming in such short notice! North is sleeping in his crib and I got to go now," I quickly said, checking the time on my phone. America nodded in understanding before adding, "it's cool, hope all goes well for you, and don't worry I'll take care of that small little nuke addict baby!"

I gave him an unamused look. America just gave out a small laugh at his own little joke, before I left the house after saying a quick bye to America of course. I hopped in to my car and drove to the world meeting building.

I walked out of my car, locking the door before entering the building. My footsteps echoed through the long, empty hallway. With every step I took, my gut retching fear seems to grow, as the noise seemed to set me unease. My heart sped up a bit, as I got near the doors to the room of our meeting. My mind flashed, thinking of every possible scenarios on what this meeting may be or end up in. I hoped it wasn't any trouble with another country, especially since that would take away time from me being with North.

I stood right in front of the two large oak doors. They seem to grow more menacing the longer I stare. I composed myself, taking a deep breath, and setting my face serious. I finally knocked on the door, waiting for a response.

The door opened, revealing NATO. He led me inside the meeting room. Inside, there was a large meeting table with UN at the end, along with the other organizations. Though they weren't the only ones in the room. Next to them was two regular humans, but they wore a uniform that was all too familiar. The humans looked at me with a glare, sending my already nervous self worse.

I looked over at UN and he motioned for me to sit down. I sat down, away from the uniformed people, and waited for UN to start explaining what's going on. I had a hunch on what it may be, but I wished it was wrong.

UN cleared his throat before saying, "Im sure you're wondering why I called you here. And Im sure you recognize them," he pointed at the two people. I nodded slowly, unable to say anything.

"The government of North Korea has heard word of what happened to their personafied country," UN looked at the other organizations before looking at me again, "They were really upset about the accident, though they won't press any charges at you."

My eyes widen in surprise. The government usually tries to use any little thing we do against us, why is that they now won't use something as big as this against me. Could it be that maybe they were changing? Maybe that awful leader they have finally realized his mistakes??

My renewed hopes came crashing down as UN mentioned, "They, in return, want full custody over your brother."

"WHAT!?" I harshly stood up from my seat almost knocking the chair down, "They can't do that! They-"

"South Korea," UN started, "they are North Korea's government, they get to choose what's best for him."

Everything around me didn't felt real. Everything just came crashing down. My mind was rushing but had no actual thoughts. If awful people like his government gets a hold of North, I might never see him again. They don't have the resources to bring him back either. The only thing those people care about is power, how could they be allowed to get my defenseless brother. It just can't be....

UN explained the different terms and conditions. We went through some paperwork. I had to sign some things, despite not agreeing on most of it. I had no choice in the matter.

I finished filling out the papers and left the room, ignoring completely what the others said. The building felt suffocating, and the walls seems to be closing in on me. I quicken my pace, unable to stand being indoors. My chest felt heavy, almost unable to take in  breaths.

I quickly hopped into the car, driving quickly away from that forsaken building. My mind was still racing, trying to process what just occurred. Well more like what is going to occur.

I drove back home, parking the car. I stood inside for a while, loosing the strong grip I had on the wheel. My shoulders drooped down. The reality of it all is too much to for me. I get out of the car, my feet dragging.

I don't exactly remember how I got from the car to the front door. Nor do I remember when I opened the door with my own keys. I just walked in, closing the door behind me.

"South you're back!" a certain American happily exclaimed.

Before I could answer, he shoved North up close to me, "come on little guy, just like we practiced," the stripped country encourage the smaller country.

"B..... B....Baahh...." little North started, "Bahther! (Brother)"

I couldn't take it right there in then. I felled to my knees and started sobbing.

~•~

To be honest I wrote this chapter like half a year ago and don't remember what it was about QwQ