Bucky Barnes - Lovely

Bucky stared into the interrogation room in disbelief. As soon as he saw her, memories flooded his brain and guilt filled his heart.

The Avengers had found an abandoned Hydra base in the middle of nowhere, Russia. They had been surprised to find a girl cryogenically frozen, but no information on the girl within the Hydra labs. In case she were to be in the same position as the Winter Soldier, The avengers decided to let her thaw and then question her, hoping to get some insight on her role within Hydra.

Bucky thought nothing of the girl. All of the super soldiers he had known about were dead. The likelihood of her being a soldier was not high, and he was sure he had never met her before, but now as he stood in front of the two way mirror he knew he was wrong. No. He knew this girl very well.

"She won't speak to anyone. She won't even make eye contact." Natasha murmured, staring at the girl. "I don't think she has the serum. She hasn't even tried to get out of her restraints."

"She doesn't." Bucky stated, staring at the same dirty sundress she'd always worn. The yellow faded and the edges tattered.

"Barnes do you know her?" Natasha's attention snapped over to the man.

◇◇◇◇◇

The Winter Soldier stared at the girl who cowered in the corner of the room. He hadn't expected her to be home. His information had said that she would be at grad school, states away. Her parents had been his mission, and because she was in the way she should be too.

He couldn't bring himself to kill her. He held the gun towards her head, but he couldn't make himself pull the trigger.

A Hydra agent entered the room, staring at the soldier.

"Well, get on with it." He spoke, nodding at the sobbing girl.

Instead the soldier lowered the gun and turned to walk away.

"Can't."

Only a single word in response.

The agent eyed him with interest, and then allowed his gaze to look towards the girl. The girl now looked to the men with a hopeful look in her eyes.

The agent brought his walkie to his lips, "someone come and grab the girl. It seems she might be of advantage."

◇◇◇◇◇

Bucky could only nod his head in response. Absolutely speechless at the sight of her. Her memory feeling as if it were a dream.

He assumed that they would have killed her after his escape.

He had quietly mourned for so long.

"We can't get her to talk. What can you tell us about her?" Natasha repeated, her eyebrow quirked in interest. She hadn't expected this response from Bucky. His expression was unreadable but with the way he kept his eyes trained on the girl she knew that he knew her well.