Tony Stark - Dream Bender

"I thought you were on a mission." A very recognizable voice groaned. I was pouring milk into my cereal as an annoyed sigh flew from my lips. I had just arrived this morning and didn't feel like dealing with Tonys rude attitude so early in the day.

"I'd rather be there than talking to you." I mumbled in response as I sat on a stool by the island in the middle of the kitchen.

"That's a little dramatic, if I do say so myself." He appeared in front of me, walking to the fridge. He pulled the door open and grabbed the carton of orange juice, drinking it straight from the carton.

"That's a little unsanitary, if I do say so myself." I mocked him with the roll of my eyes, shoving a spoonful of cereal into my mouth. He also rolled his eyes as he turned towards me and threw a glare in my direction. My face fell as I took in his appearance. His hair was a complete mess, his eyes were bright red and sunk into his face, and his skin was multiple shades lighter than usual. "Good God. What happened to you?"

"Nothing. Why?" His snarky tone never left as he continued to glare at me.

"You look exhausted." I let my voice soften and gave him a look of concern. He let his stare fall to the floor as he shut the refrigerator. "Let me help you." I stood and walked towards him.

"Don't touch me." He snapped as he pushed my hands away from his head. I was shocked as he backed away and glared at me.

"When was the last time you slept?" I asked. "Like really slept. No bad dreams, no restlessness, actual rest."

"I don't know. It's fine though." He said defensively, "Don't worry about it!"

"Fine, I won't." I stormed out of the kitchen without looking back.

I can't believe Tony would let his pride get in the way of him being healthy and well rested. Actually, it doesn't surprise me at all. That won't stop me from being annoyed about it though. I know that Tony and I have never gotten along very well but I'd never wish pain or misery on him. It's common knowledge that he suffers from nightmares and anxiety. He never asked for help so I never helped, I can't say I never offered. It would be an invasion of privacy for me to help without being wanted.

I didn't see Tony for the rest of the day, he was probably in the lab while I spent my day relaxing and reading. I was glad to be back from my two month long mission. Eventually I fell asleep with my book laying beside me.

■▪■▪■▪■▪■▪■

I woke to someone banging on my door and calling my name. Before I could respond or even process who it was speaking to me they barged into my room. They kneeled in front of my bed and finally my vision focused to see Tony in front of me with tears falling from his bloodshot eyes. He let one of his hands cup my cheek as I stared at him in confusion.

"Hey, what's wrong?" I asked as I began to wipe tears from his face. It was a strange feeling, being so close to Tony right now.

"Please, help me. Help me sleep." He sobbed, and I felt my heart break at the sight.

"Okay, lets get you to your room and I'll get you right to sleep." I gave him a reassuring smile. I tried to sit up and get out if bed but Tony stopped me.

"Can I stay with you? Please." As I stared into his eyes I could tell this was a terrible nightmare. He had never been like this before.

"If you want." My voice came out as a whisper. He nodded his head and I pulled the blanket back letting him into the bed. He climbed onto the bed beside me and awkwardly placed his arm on my side.

"So, how does this work? Do I need to sleep first?" He asked nervously, never having done this before.

"Just close your eyes." I spoke softly and he did as told. I carefully placed the both of my hands on each side of his face and let my powers lull him into a deep sleep and give him good dreams for the night. I didn't choose his dream because I was afraid he would feel invaded. I watched as his face relaxed and slowly moved my hands back to my side. I felt awkward watching him sleep so I closed my eyes and focused on my breathing until I fell asleep.

■▪■▪■▪■▪■▪■

My eyes fluttered open when I felt someone pushing my hair out of my face and behind my ear. My eyes locked with Tonys brown ones and a light blush covered his cheeks as he pulled his hands away. My curtains were pulled down, blocking the sun from my view. 

"How'd you sleep?" I asked softly.

"The best sleep I've had in years." He confessed. You could already tell just by his face. His eyes were no longer red and the dark circles below his eyes were less prominent. "Thank you."

"It's no problem." I told him honestly. "You should've let me help you earlier, though."

"I know." I nearly chocked on air when he said these words. I wish I had recorded it. Tony admitting to be wrong, and to me! That's a once in a lifetime experience! "Can you do it again tonight?"

"Of course!" I said with all seriousness.

"Can I come back in here?" He asked hesitantly. I felt my face get warm as I glanced down at my hands in front of me.

"If you'd like." I stuttered.

"I'd love to." He wrapped his arms around my waist and pulled me towards him, burying his face in my neck. I let my hands move towards his hair as slowly ran my hands through it. "Maybe I could take you to dinner as well?"

"I'd love that."