Ch.1

This week is the final week before I finally get to move to college.
I'm so excited to be honest because I'll finally be free from my dad

Although I'll miss my momma and sister

My dad is kinda strict.
Really strict.
And controlling too.
Ayo grumpy dad check!
I'm not allowed to have a boyfriend for God's sake. Yeah, I liked boys before but never dated one.

But the thing is, i fall for guys easily. I really do. Cute guys are my weakness.
But I'm not gonna let that happen in college. No I can't. Stop.

I was known among my friends as the 'feminist' of the group.

I mean..I get really defensive when it comes to women's rights.

Also one more important thing to know about me is that I'm obsessed with formula 1. Like REALLY obsessed. Not only because the drivers hot, but I love it as a sport.

Shut up you started watching it because THEY ARE hot. I reminded myself.

I'll never admit it tho.

I was listenting to my favorite song at the moment, tears of gold, while packing some of my favorite books to take to college with me.

Faouzia is a legend. She's my favorite singer, along with many others of course.

After I was done packing my books, I strolled down stairs. "Morning dear," my mom said "I prepared your favorite breakfast, scrambled eggs." I smiled and sat with my father at the table. "Morning dad!" I said in a cheery voice. "Hey avaline , ready for college?" He said in a stern voice like he couldn't care less "Ready as I'll ever be." Then it hit me. I didn't see my sister all morning. "Um where's Josephine?" I asked in confusion. "Oh she went out early this morning. She said she had to do something urgent" my mom answered while putting my plate of scrambled eggs infront of me. "damn momma, it smells good as always." My mom smiled at me and sat with us.

My sister Josephine is 16 years old while I'm 18, almost 19 in a few months. So you could say we're pretty close. I consider her as one of my best friends.

Josephine came through the door while me and my mom were laughing at some sort of cringey joke I shared with her. My dad was on his phone doing whatever work.

"Hey people!!" Josephine squeaked. "Ayy jo what's up" I said while noticing she had a box shaped like a formula 1 racing car in her hands. She approached me, "open this," she said. I took the book and felt really excited.

LIKE REALLY EXCITED

I opened the box and saw lando Norris's McLaren hoodie

I squeaked loudly and hugged jo. "Thank you jo you didn't have to" I said. "You wanted it so bad so I wanted to get you it before u ordered it. Anddd you are welcome." She grinned at me.

We sat again at the table. " you're also leaving me for college next week so when you wear it, you'll remember me." Jo said and winked at me. "As if I can Forget you." I scoffed.
"Okay enough you two, continue eating." My dad said. I rolled my eyes but he couldn't see me.

My dad's not so chill as you could tell.

Not at all.

I spent the rest of the day packing away some more of my stuff.
————
A/N
Hey bestiesss,
Don't forget to vote and comment your thoughts.
Would mean a lot to me!🥰

Also recommend some songs for me to listen to

601 words