Ch.9

Jordan's POV:

Me and Ava were sitting together in the dining hall. We hung out for the past 5 days at Kevin's place.

"Come on try it." She whined, convincing me to drink tea.

I don't drink tea.

Like ever.

I thought old people were the only ones who drink tea.

"Fine." I sighed and gave her a tight smile. She laughed at me.

I took a sip from her own cup of tea. She said she doesn't share food or drinks with other people but this was an exception.

I felt special.

"It's actually not that bad." I said, surprised. I did really like it.

She jumped from her seat and yelled, "told you." People around us turned their heads over to us. Her cheeks flushed, "sorry I overreacted." She sat back embarrassed. I chuckled.

We were having lunch together and Ava was finishing off some sort of assignment while eating.

She was scribbling something in her notebook and I was eating my pasta while scrolling through Instagram. "Hey, Avaline." A male voice said interrupting the silence. It was Devin. I knew him from a party. I didn't personally talk to him but he's around a lot. "Hey, Devin." She said and smiled at him.

"Can I talk to you for a second?" He glanced at me and then looked back at her. "Hey man." He said before Ava and him went away from our table.

Ava came back after 4 minutes.

Yeah I kept track of the time they took.

Ava gave me a small smile and sat down. She looked nervous?

"You good?" I wanted to know what he wanted but it wasn't my place to ask so I didn't. "Yeah, it's nothing. He just asked me to go out on a date with him." She shrugged and looked back at her notebook. "Oh." Is all I said.

How did they even know each other?

"Um how do you guys know each other?" I asked trying to sound like I don't give a shit when I actually do. I can't help my curiosity.

"Remember the dude who kissed me for a dare at that party?" She said and slightly tilted her head. I nodded. "It was Devin." She said and closed her notebook packing away her stuff.

"So did you agree do go out with him?" I said and tried to make eye contact with her but her eyes were looking down to her bag.

"I didn't give him and answer yet. I'm kinda hesitant." She gave a nervous laugh.

Was she waiting for me to ask her?

Nah she couldn't.

I'm not even sure if she likes me like that.

"You should go." I blurted out. She raised her eyebrows shocked by what I just said. I am too.

"Maybe, why not." She said and stood up. "I have to go to class. See ya later."

It was that moment ladies and gentlemen, I knew I fucked up.

The rest of the day went by and neither me or Ava tried to talk to the other.

I'm not used to things being awkward between us so I decided to go see her.

Maybe we don't each other for that long, but so what.

I put on a pair of white basketball shorts and a Calvin Klein black shirt along with a white air Jordan and headed over to campus.

I went to McDonald's first and grabbed some food for me and avaline. Once I reached her dorm I knocked on her door and waited.