Ch.10

I was sitting in front of my MacBook working on my mechanics assignment while sitting on my newly decorated desk.

When I first moved in to my room it was a normal white desk.

Except I decorated it with my colorful pens and other stationary stuff.

It looks extraordinary now.

I like to have a good studying space for a good mentality.

After 2 hours of work and 2 glasses of iced tea, I'm done with my mechanics assignment.

When I think or study for a long time I like to take a brain break.

Does that even make sense?

I turned my wheel chair away from my desk and looked at the other part of my room awkwardly.

I was in that position for 7 minutes straight.

By a brain break I mean staring and not thinking so my brain could start over.

My phone light up so I grabbed it.

Devin : I'm taking you out today.

Avaline : try again.

Devin : Ava, would you please go out with me?

Devin : better?

Avaline : of course, just because you asked nicely :)

I sighed and put my phone down.

What am I going to wear.
I don't even know where we're going.

Avaline : where are we going?

I texted him to see what I should wear depending on where we're going.

Devin : We're having dinner so wear something fancy ;)

Devin : I'm picking you up at 8:00 but send me your location.

Avaline : alrighty.

I'm not really in the mood to go out on a date but whatever. Maybe if it was Jordan who asked I would be more excited.

Shut up.

All I could think about is how sharp his jaw is, along with his plump lips and muscular hot body.

I seriously need to stop.

But his hazel eyesss.

Enough .

I haven't heard from him since yesterday after we watched the movie and he left.

I have to admit I didn't want the movie to end for him to stay longer, but it is what it is.

I had business class so I got up and put on one of my favorite baggy jeans and a shirt that fits me well, paired with my air Jordan's. I grabbed my notebook and small backpack and headed out of my dorm room.

When I finally reached the classroom I found Jordan was already there. He wasn't alone though. He was talking to a girl. She's pretty. She has short golden hair and blue eyes. Her height was average but it fit her.

Yay. What a way to start the day.

Why do I even care.

He looked like he was bored and unhappy while talking to her.

Bonus point.

Should I just go and talk to him?

But it's awkward if just pass him and not acknowledge him. Shit. I'm standing infront of the door like a freak debating what should I do.

As soon as I walked in he looked up and we locked eyes. I smiled at him to make it less awkward than it already is.

He looks hot. I can't.

His golden locks are laying there at the top of his forehead, calling me to brush them off. He's wearing a black shirt with black jeans, paired with white sneakers.

Fun fact about me : black and white shirts are my weaknesses.

I approach him, "good morning bud." I greet him. I love calling him bud. He smiles, "good morning Avaline." He turns to look at the girl standing awkwardly between us, "alright Mia I will see you later." He says harshly ending their talk.

She walks away while swaying her hips, not long before she gave him a smirk. She's trying so hard.

I was going to ask him about her but I fought the urge of doing so.

"Look at you getting to class early." I say sarcastically. He chuckled, "actually I wanted to talk to you about something."

Damn , okay.

"You could've texted me, you know?" I say softly.

"Nah I wanted it to be in person." He says hesitantly and looks to the ground.

"Oh alright, go ahead then." I say and pay attention more attention to him.

"You know what? Forget about it." He says and gives me a tight smile.

"O-oh nevermind." I tried to brush it off but I can't help but admit that I wanted him to tell me what he was about to.

We went to our seats just before the teacher got to class.

Mid away into class, Jordan speaks up, "me and the guys are hanging out tonight and they have been constantly asking for you, so you wanna come along?"

If I have to choose, I would choose Jordan and his friends, but I can't ditch Devin like that.

"Maybe later? I already have plans for tonight." I say nonchalantly and look right in his hazel eyes that give me butterflies every time I look into them. I recognize a hint of disappointment in them but it goes away quickly.

I glance at him minutes after and trace his facial features with my eyes.

I would die for his sharp jaw and defined cheekbones. I kinda envy him for his long beautiful lashes too. Stop.

He didn't ask about the plans I have for tonight, why would he care anyways?

The rest of the class went by without neither one of us talking to the other.
———
Don't forget to vote and comment your thoughts, would mean a lot!!
<3
916 words
*edited*