Chapter 5: A Boutique of Bird's-Foot Trefoil

It was been two weeks exactly since the rebellion was started. It didn't last for one day. The Glastieve dukedom take care of everything before dawn. And it was been two weeks since Evyterr was in slumber.

Because of the after effects of high doses they injected on him it results to a mental and physical shut down. His mana was unstable since then, rather much worse that it looks like now. The society was in uproar after the news and spread like a wild fire.

While inside the dukedom the people was in deep terror. The duke was enraged because Evyterr was not awake yet. He sends a lots of physicians and they say all same.

It's impossible for Evyterr to recover faster because of his current state. All they can do now is to observe him and replenish his mana twice a week.

The aftermath of this incident made the nobles alarmed. No one should dare to angry the Glastieve Dukedom. Everyone knew the power of the dukedom. It was terrifying and powerful. The matters about Evyterr didn't publicized by the duke's order.

After three days the duke made his sons investigate the count's crimes and his further involvements. With the permission of the king they made their investigation with proper authority.

And it was, yes, private to public knowledge. The investigation went well. They were able to know the people the count's accomplices to his crimes. His corruptions inside the nobility and many more. This doesn't shock the Glastieve brothers because of the previous act the count made they were able to know there's something more about the count's schemes.

As what the Duke's ought he promised to take revenge for all what the count did. Challenging a Glastieve? Seems a joke to him. The duke will make him remember his place. Regarding to what he did to Evyterr, his youngest, he will not get away from this. Since the results of investigation was handed to the duke. He was able to check the people who helps the count in his every crimes. May it be a noble or a commoner.

Everyone who was involved in the count was secretly given a boutique of flower before they meet they're doom. The flower was called bird's-foot trefoil. It was the duke who ordered to do so. The people who receive the flowers was confused. They didn't know the reason.

It is how the duke show his courtesy before having his revenge. To those who receive the flower were either killed and imprisoned. Since he have people who need to punish inside the aristocracy he decided to take them in a good manner. He did not want to kill them instantly. They need to suffer humiliation first he thought.

The duke was regretful. He regrets he left Evyterr. Now that he's like this he can't do anything to make his decisions in the past correct. After he knew what happened to Evyterr that day in the rebellion he was scared and anxious.

He was the reason why this happened. And he needs to make everything's right.

"You look devastated." a man came out of the shadows questioning the man who look wasted. The man look at him regardless.

"Devastated is not the right term." He answered back. Then what? Theseus just stared at the man. He's been like this ever since the incident.

Thankfully, he could manage a calm face in the investigation that lasted for eight days.

"I've never saw you like this, Raffael. Does it really bothers you?"

Raffael on the couch just lean on resting his head at the top of the couch. He looks tired. He's been isolating his self inside his study room though he's not neglecting his duty.

"That's funny. I could say same goes to you too, Theseus."

Theseus just averted his gaze somewhere. It's been a month for pete's sake and his not awake yet. Everyday feels like empty. Only filled with darkness, fear, and remorse.