Chapter 13: Distress

Five days ago......

-----

"Sir Glenville,"

A man with an upright back and the solemn, submissive eyes of a man entered the space. He stood in a saluting position.

The other man was sitting on a chair. He was working nonstop despite the another presence in the room. He was rather aware but his eyes and hands were too busy to care.

Still, the man uphold his position until the man in the chair commanded him. He was there to deliver a report about the four days ago events.

Four days ago was when they infiltrated an illegal auction selling beastmen slaves. They have been keeping an eye on it since a month ago because they received a report about the kidnapping happening in the villages of beastmen.

The guildmaster appointed him and his men to take care of it. The mission was a success, they were able to wrap the individuals behind the illegal selling. They also took back the beastmen in their villages.

Now the man on the chair was processing all the documents and reports he needs to compile to submit to Bishop.

Casimir suddenly stopped his busy hands from working, he blinked and blinked again.

'I'm so tired'. He thought.

Then only he gave attention to the other presence in the room.

"Sir," the man once again saluted.

"Oh, Dain, it's you. Are those reports I've requested? Put it under the table near the auction authority documents, I'll see it later. You may go now." Casimir pointed to the table with neatly organized documents unlike his study table full of scattered papers and unfinished paperwork.

Casimir, then, resumed his work as the man named, Dain, obediently hand down the papers on the table and prepared to exit the room.

"Oh, sir, before I forgot Sir Raffael would like to talk to you. It seems important." He said as he halted on the doorsteps.

"Raffael? I'll make time, where is he? Is he outside? Make him go inside."

Dain felt a cold sweat on his face.

"U-uhm, Sir Raffael requested you sir to personally go to him in the Northern Hileo."

Casimir upon hearing it, his back began to ache. "Hah?!" He frustratingly yelled.

Casimir trembled in distress.

First, he's still not finished. Second, he is dealing with demands ought to be finished, and then goes Raffael.

Casimir tiredly pinches the bridge of his nose. That Raffael rarely requested something like this. He prefer to execute his missions alone.

His asking for him which he only did once before. No matter what danger he was in, he never asked anyone for help or just a little assistance.

He is not being arrogant though. That guy is too kind to burden others with his own problems. That's why he does things on his own. It was hard to understand his actions at first but Raffael clearly doesn't want others to be involved in danger.

Casimir didn't expect Raffael to call on him though.

But isn't he too heartless? Casimir once again felt crying in his seat.

'I want to sleep! My fingers numb already from writing continuously.' he thought.

"Alright fine, prepare the carriage, I'll leave early."