Chapter 16: Theseus

Two days have passed after what happened. The aftermath of the events is still there but the people here in the dukedom became busy for the upcoming festival.

They were going around left and right with no tiredness. How could they do that?

Agnes Festival is four days apart from now on. Since the duke is still not present, Raffaelo, was temporarily responsible for the preparations of the festival. He's been very busy and extremely hard to see.

It was only Theseus that I saw who was not busy preparing, instead he stuck to me like a chick from its hen.

It's annoying! How am I going to act as I want when he's there all the time? Even though he respects my space it is still making me irritated. We've been like that ever since I woke up.

After two days of him tailing me everywhere made me fed up, I don't care anymore. I did use all the means I could to shoo him away but he isn't going! What is he?! A dog?!

I was lying in bed, I was tired of moving and wanted to laze around for a while. Under the shade made me go sleepy.

"Young master,"

Oh, here he goes again!

"Pardon my sudden appearance, I would just like to suggest if you want to get out to have a fresh breather. The dukedom is rather busy than it was yesterday. Maybe you want to spend your time outside, I thought."

Yep, this man is getting weirder. Why the hell is he trying to get close to me? Did he forget he was one of the people who killed me?

Oh. He doesn't know that.

"What are you trying to suggest?" I asked.

"A picnic, perhaps? Rather, would like a small tea break?"

Picnic, huh? Tea break sounds nice too. Oh, well...

"Fine, let's do both," I said.

"As you wish, young master."

I sighed. I'm so lazy. Why did I agree? I've been struggling with what to do at the Agnes Festival. My stupid self is trying to die so quickly. What am I supposed to do? Help them? The 'heroes' who killed Evyterr? Or just sit here and watch everything unfold?

I know, I want to live. I don't want to die yet. Why am I hesitating on choosing the obvious answer, to leave it be?

Ugh, ugh, ugh...

"Ahh!!?" I was suddenly lifted by two firm arms. What the hell?!

Theseus?! You chicken head!!

"Put me down!" I resisted, pushing his shoulders.

"I believe this is the quickest way to get from our destination. You look drowsy and tired, we wouldn't want you to push yourself, right?" He said nonchalantly.

"I don't need your opinion! Put me down right now! I can walk myself! I don't need your help!"

I kept on pushing him aside. Why is he not budging?! If others saw us like this they.....they.....they would think I'm some needy and spoiled child that needs to be carried all around!

"Young master, you---," I cut him off.

"I couldn't care less, idiot! Put--,"

"Are you perhaps embarrassed about me princess carrying you, young master?" The bastard teased.

What?!

"H-huh?! Who's embarrassed?!" I'm not embarrassed at all getting princess carried. Huh? Why is my face flushed? I stopped pushing him and cupped my cheeks trying to feel it, it was warm and red.