Chapter 10: Curse

Potions, elixirs, and herbs made the family of Westaliyon rise from the ranks of society. Their family's ancestors were originally merchant sellers of different kinds of herbs that sell in the capital market of Esthera.

A lot of plants and herbs were imported into their business. Even though they invested a lot in the business it hasn't been that productive. And that was passed down from regeneration to generation.

It was then that their family was acknowledged by the royal family for one discovery they have made. The birth of the full potion. Healing magic is uncommon to the race of humans but divine magic does. That's the reason why potions are high valued and on-demand from different places that sell potions.

Westaliyon's family business only sells medicinal herbs. The business only flourished when they diverted to making potions. The one responsible for making potions was the descendant of the Westaliyon's lineage, Goryon Westaliyon, who was a scholar in medicine. Assisted by his wife, Melvory Westaliyon, a researcher in making potions.

The nine years of their labor have come to an end. They were able to make way to a tunnel of the impossible. Goryon succeeded in making the full potion.

The Serunix.

The Serunix is a potion made for healing any injuries, may they be severe or not. However, it has a distinct flaw. Too much usage of the potion leads to the breakdown of the flow of rigil and slowly dies your internal organs. Moreover, a suggested amount of intake is only one dose.

After it was introduced to the public many adventurers, outlanders, nobles, and merchants, fight to buy the potion. It has reached other places which increased the business offers.

Their life was truly changed but didn't last. It was a mystery why they suddenly disappeared out of nowhere. The reports were classified that the last sight of them together was leaving the castle after they were summoned by the king and after that, they were not seen anymore.

The couple went missing and the case was left undone. After the incident, their sole child was left in an orphanage on the outskirts. An eight years old boy, who only knows the formula of his parent's discovery that may lead to their disappearance.

The heir to their family, Crisis Vonavitch Westaliyon.

***

The sunlight hits the face of a young man sleeping buried in piles of books and papers. His room was filled with a brim as the sun rises.

There will be heard footsteps from afar coming into the room. Suddenly, a knock on the door echoed within the area after it decided to open it.

A figure of a tall man who stood with elegance stared at the sleeping man and was deeply signed.

He woke him.

"Hey," he called yet he got no response.

He shakes his shoulder to wake him again.

"Crisis, wake up. It's morning already."

Crisis's eyes opened slowly.

"Oh, it's morning."

"Stand up, night owl. We have to report early to Bishop." The man said as his eyes wandered around the messy room filled with unorganized documents and experiments.

"I have many things to research. Even though I want to finish it as early as possible, I could've done it by now." He sighed while organizing the papers on his desk.

"Are you that busy?"

"Yes."

"Then, hurry." The both of them get out of the room after Crisis was finished dressing up. They walked into the empty hallway where only their footsteps can be heard and continued their conversation.