Chapter 7: Tight Grip

What happened yesterday continued for five days. For everyone it was strange yet they don't find it any dangerous. Races like dryads, dragons and griffins are only the races who worship the goddess of nature, Satira.

That bizarre phenomena for others is for them is a great blessing and remembrance. For these only happens in every 500 years.

The goddess wants them to remember what happen 1500 years ago. The grief, sadness, terror, desperation, despair, loss, and victory. The war lasted for 3 years.

The Argamon War.

1500 years ago a war between the worshippers of the goddess, Satira, and the believers of unknown belief. What they called themselves are 'Umbra'. They're motives were unknown but they're mission was to destroy and kill the worshippers of the goddess.

Ethereals and Vitus who were not gone extinct by that time joined hands with the worshippers of the goddess to fight Umbra. The races of Ethereal were known to be loved by the nature goddess. And there affinity is all of the possessions of nature itself.

Meanwhile, Vitus were races that possessed element guardians abilities and magic. All elements that could conclude.

The presence of Umbra is truly undescribable. A great threat that came out of nowhere and where it from. They're magic was as of it like on another level. And each traces they left brings the sight of chaos and despair.

The Umbra's mission was to kill the goddess's worshippers. So, they aim to kill the civilians of they're races first. The first step was completed. To make they're existence be known. And to make that happened they made a massacre in one day. The dryads, dragons, griffins, ethereals, and vitus as believers of goddess lost a great amount of people on that one day.

Childrens or elderly, man or woman, they didn't spare no one. It was marked on their history on that day.

'The Massacre of 7,000'

The overall deaths of five races was counted of 7,000 in total. It was a small sacrifice as a stepping stone for Umbra's. Just for fun and entertainment.

This enraged the leaders of each races. To kill innocent people just for their own fun? How unreasonable! It's injustice!

For the war that lasted for 3 years, Ethereals and Vitus are the ones who received great damage. These two races made a sacrifice to annihilate the enemies. By the help of dryads, dragons, and griffins, they created a mana culus.

A type of absorption magic where you release your concentrated magic inside the two cores.

Using mana culus they defeated the unknown enemy. And, the goddess, Satira, wants to acknowledge their victory and sacrifice.

The rest that happened will leave in the history.

***

On a bright sunny day of spring, they're be seen a three figures from afar watching a certain young man sleeping in the middle of the day.

It's already been one week since he wake up yet he still looks like a dying patient on his deathbed.

"You should really bring him to Crisis." A man suddenly appeared in silence. He gaze at the young man from afar. And look back again from the men he's suggesting.

Nothing from them was startled by the sudden appearance of a friend.

"What you doing here, Davloise?" Raffael asked.

"Visiting."

"You've got a lot of time in your hands, huh?" Raffael blurted. He knows this guy is super busy since the day of the accident happened.