Chapter 17: Breaking Dawn

At the break of the dawn, townspeople had already set out to prepare for the festival. Some would start opening their shops and stalls. Children are running to buy bread from the bakery. Carriages are everywhere too.

The dukedom of Glastieve even before the break of dawn is already in high spirits. Though decorating is such a great hassle it took a lot of immense effort to decorate the dukedom.

On the other hand, despite the busyness of the day, a particular spring green-haired boy is still asleep. His butler is already heading to his chamber with a tray of clothes.

He knocked two times, another two, again, and again.

The butler deeply sighed and opened the door softly. There, he saw his young master lying, deep in sleep. It was already past seven o'clock yet he was still laying on his bed.

Theseus pauses the trolley of clothes at the bedside and goes forward in front of the bed.

"Young master," he called.

"Young master, it's time to get up," he called once again hearing no reply.

Theseus ended up grabbing the ends of the blanket and pulling it. Evyterr was still sleeping holding a pillow and one pillow locked to his legs.

The butler can't be helped but suppress a smile. "I thought you said you could wake up without anyone's help. How silly, young master." He said in a low voice. He decided not to continue waking his young master up, maybe he could wake up on his own as he claimed.

His feet dragged at the window curtains, he pulled them on each side to allow light to suffuse in the room. He arranged the books scattered on his table; cleaned the sets of clothes his young master had to wear, prepared a light meal for breakfast, arranging the bath and a new set of flowers.

He opens the terrace and is greeted with a warm light.

"On such a busy day, where are you still deep in sleep, young master?" Theseus smiles as he walks towards the bed.

He grew closer, closer enough to hear the soft breathing of the young master. His stare travels down as he looks at how crinkled his nightgown is, his thighs are bare showing, and even the garter in his shoulder looks loose almost like an off-shoulder dress.

Isn't he showing too much skin?

Theseus looks away, scolding himself for staring too much. He will tell his young master next time to dress a little...? More covered clothes...?

Ah, what am I thinking? We have no time for this.

The butler deeply sighed with his hands covering his eyes. Waking his young master up has been a failed attempt. It's not that Evyterr has a specific schedule today, but it is one of the duke's orders to let him go out in the plaza once the festival begins. It'll be a lot more fun because there's a lot of people and he could buy many items.

Though Theseus doubts his young master could go such a tasking endeavor when he's too lazy to socialize, even waking him up takes a lot of time.

Theseus pulled his pocket watch from his pockets. It's ticking to quarter to seven. Oh, he better hurry up.

The butler starts by unbuttoning the ends of his sleeves and folding up from his elbows, then, he puts away the pillows from Evyterr and carries him to the bath.

With a towel at the top of the bathtub, Theseus positioned Evyterr's head as he laid him down on the water. He gently undressed him and put the wet clothes in the basket.

He did that because Evyterr would throw a tantrum if he knew he was undressed by him directly if he did it in the bathtub because the bubbles would help cover him up as he undressed him.