fifteen

CHAPTER FIFTEEN

❝ cherry flavored kisses ❞

· ·  ─────── · 𖥸·  ─────── · ·

"s– slow down—" jungkook choked out, clinging to your free hand and stumbling up the stairs behind you.

you didn't, of course.

"which door is yours?" you asked, perhaps a touch too eager.

"t– the last one on the left."

tightening your grip on your towel, you followed the length of the hallway to its end, before finally coming to a stop. you glanced back at jungkook for confirmation, flinging open the door once he provided a shy nod.

it was a lot different than you remembered.

the walls were darker, a cool grey, matching the new bedspread. there was a keyboard in the corner of the room next to the large set of glass double doors that lead out to the balcony. hanging from the wall across from his bed above his dresser were three guitars, two electric and one acoustic. there were a shit ton of posters covering the rest of the room, iconic bands and musicians, from the Beatles and AC/DC to David Bowie and Queen. no more boxes either. good news for your clumsy ass.

but, unsurprisingly, there was one thing still intact from your first visit. a familiar candy filled bowl settled snugly atop his dresser.

you stifled a grin.

"damn, you really upgraded the place." you hummed, releasing his hand to spin and take in all the details.

jungkook lowered his head as he blushed, responding with a bashful, "thanks."

making your way across the room, you feathered your fingers over the keyboard. "nice instruments. play any?" you asked curiously.

"w– well a bit, I guess. I'm still learning." he spluttered, clearing his throat as he made his way to your side, shoulder brushing yours. "I... I do know a few songs on the piano, though."

"yeah?" you grinned, raising a brow. "think you could play one for me?"

he blinked hard twice, glancing at you shyly from the corner of his eye before quickly nodding and turning his full attention back to the keyboard. you watched as he positioned his hands over the keys, hesitating a moment before finally coming to some sort of decision.

"t– this is just something I've been working on. it's not finished yet, but... yeah..."

not giving himself the opportunity to chicken out, he began to play. what you didn't expect, however, was to hear his voice as well. "when I see you smile in the screen, you're good at everything, you're just perfect, feels like I've never been you."