𝟎𝟔 | After Rain

Anakoku held your hand, gently tracing the scars

He should have protected you.

'So much for promising to keep her safe.' He thought bitterly. Gojo had gone back to Yuuji's room and he wondered if Yuuji would make it out alive.

After all, Sukuna was someone that would offer a deal to him in return of something huge.

He thought back to the fight. Fushiguro had so much potential but he couldn't seem to understand why the boy didn't use his cursed technique. However, before he could continue trying to understand human emotions, he heard footsteps coming closer to the room.

The door slid open and Gojo rushed in. He seemed to look hopeful about something. But, his expression faltered when he saw that your body was still covered. Gojo sighed.

Anakoku looked at him in a questionable manner, causing the sorcerer to smile and point behind him. "Yuuji came back to life and I thought she'd be back too..."

Anakoku blinked and stood up. He created a curse that sat next to your head. "I want to see him." He told Gojo walking out.

When they reached the room Anakoku didn't even bother opening it properly he kicked the door down and waltzed in.

Yuuji was now dressed and he was shocked to see Anakoku. He looked for you as the curse was always seen with you.

"Stop looking for her..." Anakoku mumbled walking towards him.

Yuuji looked confused. "Huh? Why not? Isn't she here..?"

"She's dead."

The room fell silent. Yuuji couldn't believe what he had just heard. "What?"

"Megumi said she died right after you. I went to see if she woke up when you were getting dressed." Gojo said, walking inside as well.

Yuuji's eyes widened. "If she hadn't taken the hit she would have lived with serious injuries..." Gojo quoted what Fushiguro had told him.

He felt like his whole world came crashing down, his best friend had left him all alone and he didn't know what to do anymore.

Sukuna, who was listening to what was being said stared ahead, completely baffled.

Were you really dead?

There was no way that hit would have killed you that easily.

Were you just weak?

Did Sukuna overestimate your power?

While Yuuji was being told the reason behind your death, Fushiguro had gone to visit someone.

"By the time we already arrived on the scene, your son was already dead." Fushiguro said to Tadashi's mother.

"To be honest, I was skeptical about saving anyone of the people in there. But my friend was different. He wasn't successful, but he tried to bring your sons body back for you after we confirmed his death."

Fushiguro pulled out a name tag inside a plastic bag. "Take this, at least."

The woman gently grabbed the plastic that was protecting the tag and stared at it.

"I'm sorry we weren't able to save Tadashi-san." Fushiguro bowed, apologizing in the process.

"It's all right. Don't apologize. I'm the one who'll mourn his passing anyway..." The woman started to cry as Fushiguro stood there.

Anakoku listened to Gojo and Yuuji talk to each other. The curse had followed after the two of them to see what they were going to do now.

"Worse, I nearly killed Fushiguro and..." his voice trailed off as he looked at the ground full of regret. "... [Y/N]... As I am now I won't be able to face them. I want to become stronger." Yuuji looked at his sensei and asked him to teach him to be the strongest.

Gojo obviously agreed and used his cursed energy and technique on two cans to show Yuuji the difference of them.

"Setting aside simple shikigami and barriers, cursed techniques are fundamentally etched into your body from the day you're born." Gojo explained.

Anakoku wondered where this was going to lead to and he was immensely disappointed to see Gojo hold up movies.

'Hm, it does seem like a better option is there. He can't use cursed techniques till Sukunas cursed energy is engraved with his body.' He thought.

He gazed at the cursed corpse the principal made and chuckled softly when it punched Yuuji.

"Your first goal is to watch an entire movie from start to finish, without waking the cursed corpse. This trains you to maintain steady output of energy no matter what you're feeling."

Gojo picked on of the movies and proceeded to play it. Anakoku shook his head in disappointment.

As Yuuji and Gojo were watching the movie Anakoku decided to reveal himself. "Hi." He waved as the cursed doll punched Yuuji. The soda Yuuji was drinking spilled everywhere including his face. He blinked and sighed.

"Don't do that while I'm drinking Soda!" Yuuji yelled at the cursed corpse.

"Don't drink it then." Gojo replied, looking back at Anakoku. "What are you doing here?"

"I'm not allowed to visit?" Anakoku frowned.

Gojo shrugged and walked off. "I have some business to take care of. Anakoku, you can stay but please don't kill Yuuji."

"Did you make a deal with Sukuna while you were dead?" Anakoku got straight to the point with Yuuji, who looked extremely confused with the question.

"Did he propose any conditions before fixing your heart?" He elaborated.

"Oh, I think we talked about something... but I can't remember what it was." Yuuji answered truthfully.

The curse and Gojo shared a look.

After the man left Anakoku took a seat on the other side of the couch, "Listen, I have no reason to do this but you made [Y/N] see the better in the world and I'm going to help you." He mumbled.

"Help me?" Yuuji asked.

"With your cursed energy. This is my way of saying thank you." He looked at Yuuji and gave a small smile. Yuuji didn't know how to react, he felt more frightened with Anakoku's smile.

He didn't say anything but nod and continue to watch the movie, occasionally getting punched in the face which caused the god to laugh. Fun times.