𝟐𝟐 | Accomplices

Your eyes finally fluttered open to find Anakoku staring down at you

He looked almost human from this angle, his hair swaying gently and his eyes no longer full off remorse.

The two of you stared into each other's eyes before the curse turned his head and stared at a different direction instead.

You looked around and stared at your brothers corpse. His katana still in his hands.

You closed your eyes and sighed, recalling the events before. "Ana..." You murmured. The curse looked back down at you with concern and leaned his face a little closer to yours.

"It hurts." You whimpered.

"I know." He muttered placing his forehead on yours. "A few more minutes and his curse will be lifted, okay?"

It wasn't physical pain you felt, more of emotional pain. You had murdered a human and you couldn't bring yourself to even face your sensei now. Tears streamed down your face. "I killed my brother, Anakoku."

"He killed you first." He replied.

Anakoku would never forgive Haruto for the way he had treated you growing up. From the way he burned your arm to how he cursed you. Everything he had done made Anakoku more destructive as he watched after you.

But now that he was finally dead, the curse felt a bit more at peace. "Can you stand?" He asked softly after your sobbing calmed down.

When you nodded he pulled you to your feet and watched you stare at the sky for a while. You let out a deep exhale and walked to your brother, kneeling down and grabbing the katana from his grasp, you looked at his face one more time before walking off.

Anakoku held your hand while the two of you walked through the forest.

"Was Haruto like Mama?" You asked softly.

The curse blinked, a bit surprised with the question. He stared at you for a while. "When he was younger..."

"And when he was older?"

"Reminded me of Mahito in some way, you know? He's crazy." Anakoku chuckled. "I hate it."  He then sighed, "you know,"

"Hm?"

"I want to be a human again." The curse closed his eyes. "I want to find someone to love and treasure. I always think back to when I was a defenseless human. Crying about everything."