𝟏𝟒 | Kyoto Sister School Goodwill Event, Part 1

"We're starting in one minute

"We're starting in one minute."

You heard Gojo's voice through the speakers around you. "Now let's hear a few words of well-appreciated encouragement from Irori Utahime-sensei."

It was silent for a few seconds.

"Um, some degree of injury will be unavoidable, but, um... now and then, help each other... or something..." Utahima's voice was now heard as she gave a tip or two unsurely.

"Time's up."

"Hey! Gojo, you little..."

"Now, let the sister school exchange event... begin!"

As soon as Gojo said 'begin' you all started sprinting. You followed behind your senpais, glancing around the forest every now and then.

"Where do you think the cursed spirit boss is?" Yuuji asked.

"It was probably unleashed halfway between both schools, but it's not going to sit still." Panda responded.

"At the time we agreed upon, we'll split into the Megumi squad and Panda squad for scouting. We'll be counting on you after that, Yuuji." Maki added.

"Yeah!"

Megumi released his demon dog, which ran towards the first curse you all saw immediately. "Where are you going?" The curse asked.

Maki ran towards the curse as well. But you noticed the dog looked towards the right.

"Senpais, stop!" Megumi exclaimed suddenly.

Not even a second later, the curse in front of you was crushed by Aoi. You all stopped, both surprised and confused. 'How'd he get here so quick?'

Aoi smirked when he saw you all. "Great! You're all here!" Aoi yelled. "Come at me all together!"

Yuuji ran towards him, jumped, grabbed his head and smashed Aoi's face on his knee. "Scatter!"

You all ran in different directions. You ran with Panda, Toge and Kugisaki.

"I already knew it, but he's a monster." Kugisaki muttered.

"Yup. So just ignore him." Panda said.

"Tuna." Toge agreed.

"Listen, I don't think they're just going to try and win this." You said. "He doesn't look like someone that would do anything his team wouldn't say."

"So what do you mean?" Kugisaki asked.

"They're up to something else."

Later

"It is strange. All the Kyoto students are moving together. Toward the area we left Yuuji in. I think that puts everyone from Kyoto there? And [Y/N] said she didn't think they were just about to go for the curses." Panda said.

"You mean that's where the target is? It's understandable why she thought that." Maki replied. Your teams had called to discuss the next move and to share what they know by now.

"No, unless the second-grade is especially cunning, my demon Dog would have noticed it. [Y/N], what are your thoughts?" Megumi asked.

You blinked. "Do you think they're trying to kill Yuuji?"

"What the hell?! I don't see why!" Kugisaki exclaimed, shocked beyond words.

"Think about it— Sukunas vessel in plain sight and he's all alone. If they all ganged up on him then..." You trailed off.

"It's possible." Maki said after a while.

"Kelp."

"I didn't sense that much hostility from them, but that was prior to Yuuji's surprise survival. It's entirely possible that Principle Gakuganji would order that." Panda muttered.

"But why would they go after Yuuji and leave [L/N] alone? Are the Kyoto students a bunch of cowards who'd kill a person on someone else's orders?" Kugisaki questions.

"They don't see him the same way. You three have spent day after day with Yuuji. We only recently learned that he's a good person ourselves. He's naturally happy sort you don't often see among sorcerers. But the thing is... to those who don't know anything about Yuuji, the vessel of Sukuna is just an object of fear. It wouldn't feel any different from exorcising a curse to them. Even normally jujutsu sorcerers can easily blur that line." Panda said. "And with [Y/N] everyone knows that she has the capability to end a life if she's threatened too much. And with Anakoku always around, it's a suicide mission. No one can stop him if he's unleashed."

You looked away from everyone, feeling a bit ashamed. "Nobara and I will go back to confirm that Yuuji's safe. He's not answering his phone, either." Panda planned. "You two keep hunting down cursed spirits, please."

"Eh?!" Your head snapped back at Panda.

Toge raised his hands in a crossed gesture. "Bonito flakes." He disagreed.

"I know you're worried about Yuuji, too. But if [Y/N]'s prediction is correct, the Kyoto students are trying to use the chaos of the group battle to assassinate Yuuji. Once the group battle's are over, there won't be any assassination. If anything happens and we need you I'll call you so that [Y/N] can get to us first." Panda reasoned.

"Okay..." You nodded in understanding even if you were worried about your senpai's.

"Salmon."

"I'm worried about Maki, too." Panda said, "We won't let them kill Yuuji, until the group battle is over."

"Of course."

You and Toge waved at Panda while Kugisaki tried to call Megumi and fumed over him not picking up.

"Will you be fine if I leave?" You asked Toge while slicing a curse.

"Yes." He answered hesitantly, avoiding eye contact.

You smiled, "I'm glad you're talking to me like this, but, I want you to be comfortable whenever you're with me so, I don't mind if you limit your vocabulary, Toge. I'll learn how to read your body language like Panda."

He stared at you for a few seconds before nodding. You snapped your head towards a cursed screech. You and Toge glanced at each other before running off again.