𝟏𝟖 | Little Secret

a few days before the exchange event

"Can you meet up?" The voice on the other side of the line asked. "I'm aware that we don't know each other on any personal levels but—"

"Don't worry about it, I'll be there." You cut them off, swinging your legs off your bed and sitting up.

"Alright. Thank you. Have a good evening, [Y/N]." You heard them say before they hung up.

"Why are you going out with a jujutsu sorcerer?" Anakoku asked, poking his head out from underneath the blankets on your bed.

You glanced back at him, staring at his hair. "Why not?" You asked, turning back to your closet and going through outfits.

"I don't know.. I just don't like it when you do things like that. Going into the open with someone that can kill you." He muttered.

"But Nanami is on our side." You shot back.

You were in fact, going to go hang out with the reserved sorcerer, Nanami. You were a bit shocked when he had called for no reason other than to meet up with him.

After you had changed into a bit more presentable clothing, you walked out of your bathroom to find Anakoku sitting at you desk, combing his fingers through his long hair.

You chuckled quietly to which you received a questionable look from the curse. He watched you come up behind him and grab a hairbrush off your desk.

You gently combed through it, earning a relaxed sigh from the curse.

"Have you ever brushed your hair?" You questioned, searching for a hair tie.

You didn't receive an answer from him for a few minutes so you assumed he couldn't remember.

"I haven't since... your mom died." He confessed, looking at you through the mirror.

You halted your movements. 'Since mom...' You thought, twisting a bit of his white hair in the front. "Yeah?" You smiled softly. "What was she like?"

Anakoku enjoyed your fingers dragging through his hair gently. "She was kind, but so strict. You resemble her personality a lot, [Y/N]." He told you. "We made a promise to each other too, that, when we got older we'd run away and live somewhere far. But she met your father and... we never got to do that."

"But I'm glad I got to be with her in her final moments. I'm thankful you were with me too. She was a good person. And she didn't deserve half of the things she had to go through."