𝟏𝟕 |Black Flash

You, Megumi, Toge and the blood boy ran through the halls, the special-grades roots hot on your tail with the intention of killing every single one of you

"Are you all right, Inukami-senpai?" Megumi asked. Toge had been using his cursed speech for a while now.

"Salmon."

The blood boy and you stopped and spun around, preparing your cursed energy. "Here it comes!" He exclaimed.

"Stop." Toge used his cursed speech to halt the movements of sharp roots that were targeted to your chests.

You signed your hand in a quick motion. "Arrow." You whispered, the shadows beneath everything near you pulling towards you and shooting at the special grade, hitting its branches where it's eyes should be. The branch you managed to hit broke off, the rival schools students attack also wounding it.

"The branches in its eyes are weaker than the rest of its body, huh?" The boy next to you observed. You nodded and started sprinting again, "Hurry! It's going to heal again!"

You looked at Toge who was in the lead, 'His energy looks like it's draining..' You thought. 'I don't think he can keep up like this for that long.'

"Hurry!"

The four of you jumped out of the structure and landed on the roof of another building, the branches piling out as well. Megumi's Shikigami, Nue returned to him.

"Inukamki-senpai will stop it." He reassured Nue, "Don't worry! Just go!" The Nue started to fly towards the special grade.

"No wait!" You called out, Megumi looked at you in confusion but he didn't get time to question what was wrong when the gruesome sound of the special-grade tearing its arm into the Shikigamis chest was heard.

Behind you, Toge slumped down, reaching his limits. You grit your teeth. 'If I had told them sooner...'

You watched as the blood boy was the first to get attacked by the special grade, you pushed yourself back.

"Are you alive, Kamo-san?" Megumi asked. There was no answer received, which made you worry about much longer the rest of you could hold.

You saw Megumi start to bring his hands closer, probably to summon a Shikigami but he stopped when he felt a hand place itself on his shoulder. It was Toge.

"Mustard leaf." He muttered.

Toge started to slowly walk ahead. "What are you doing? You've reached your limits, don't push yourself!" You said to him but he simply shook his head.