𝟏𝟔 | Sage

hi sorry for not updating in a while i started school again so i think i'll push updates to weekly instead

You plopped down next to Toge who smiled and waved with his fingers.

You smiled and looked at the dog next to him, you pat it's head gently, causing the dog to nuzzle to your hand when you tried to pull away.

Toge watched your face light up before looking back at his phone.

He stuffed the phone back into his pocket as you stood up. He pet the dog himself before walking off. "Return." He mumbled, the dog disappearing into the ground.

You followed behind your senpai but then, both of you stopped, something felt off. From the corner of your eyes you could see a dark mist, you whipped your head around and narrowed your eyes.

"Kelp." Toge said. You glanced around the forest, staying clear of Toges path to let him use his cursed speech without you in the way.

You heard footsteps and the sight of a curse made you hitch your breath. It looked at you and Toge for a second before it's eyes shot up and it fell, almost like someone had tossed it aside.

You then saw that the curses head was detached from its body. 'Wha...?'

If the curse wasn't moving by itself, then what was?

Your eyes widened when another curse poked its head out from the tree. It was built differently than the ones in the battle, no doubt a higher grade as well.

"Salmon, caviar, roe." You heard Toge say. You couldn't take your eyes off the curse. 'Those aren't supposed to be in the battle...' you thought. 'What's going on?!'

You were caught in one of the roots that shot up when the curse attacked. Toge was hot on your tail trying to figure out how to get you off. You summoned the light to cut through the thick bark and you fell onto the roof of one of the buildings in the battlegrounds, the air getting knocked out of your lungs.

"Inukami-senpai!? [Y/N]?!" You heard Megumi exclaim. You glanced at him and felt Toge push you. "Run away." He used his cursed speech giving you an apologetic look as you started to run with him.

You warped through the light and landed in between the boys. "What's going on?" The one from your rival school asked.

"There's a curse here, it's a special grade. It was in the forest with me and Toge." You caught them up while trying to breath properly.

You were close to getting out of the place and back into the forest but the door burst open with the roots from before as well, covering the entrance. 'Dammit.' You clicked your tongue.

The special-grade was standing in-front of the now blocked entrance. "Why is there a cursed spirit at Jujutsu Tech?" Asked the boy. "Who does this veil belong to?"

"Probably the cursed user working with that cursed spirit." Megumi answered.

"Do you know something?" The boy asked turning to Megumi.

"I think it's the special-grade cursed spirit that attacked Gojo-sensei before. It's appearance matches the report." He elaborated.

You sweat dropped. The drawing was definitely... something.

"I'm glad you can see that because I wouldn't be able to figure anything out with that drawing he did." You muttered shaking your head.

"I can tell, even from that guys drawing." Megumi nodded.

"Tuna with mayo." Toge said holding his hand up in a way that indicated a phone.

"You're right. Let's contact Gojo-sensei." Megumi said, pulling out his phone and scrolling through the contacts.

"Hold on. You can understand what he's saying?" The boy asked.

You titled your head. "You can't?" He gave you an unamused look.

"It doesn't matter right now." Megumi interrupted. "It's weird though, why isn't it attacking?" You wondered out loud.

"Our opponent might use a domain. [Y/N]'s not allowed to do whatever she wants no matter how scared she is and we have to maintain our distance and retreat to Gojo-Sensei—"

"Move!" You suddenly exclaimed when the special grade looked like it was about to lunge at someone. It did. And appeared next to Megumi, hitting the phone from his grasp.

"Don't move!" Toge used his cursed speech. You felt your ears ring a bit when you heard his speech and had to step back to get the feeling out of your ears. The boy you still didn't know the name off manipulated a packet of blood and tried to impale the curse but he was shocked to see no damage done.

Megumis shikigami, Nue, also attempted to slow the curse down but nothing seemed to work.

"Stop it, foolish children." You heard a new voice in your head. "I merely wish to protect this planet, that's all." The curse said, placing its arm on the cloth on its shoulder.

"It's a curse spouting nonsense! Don't listen to it!" The blood boy warned.

"The forests, the oceans, and the sky all kept so vehemently that I can no longer stand it. It's impossible to coexist with humans any longer. They know there are some humans who are kind to the planet. But how much does their affection help?" The curse asked. "All they desire is time. This planet can shine blue once more, given a bit of time... Time without humans." The curse said.

"Please die and become sages." It demanded.