𝟐𝟎 | The Origin on Blind Obedience

"Kanada Taichi, Shimada Osamu, Yamato Horoshi, these three died in similar circumstances

They were stabbed to death by a cursed spirit at the entrance of their apartments, and all of them had filed the same complaint. With the property managers several weeks before dying. They claim their auto locking doors were left wide open. None of the other residents have any idea what could have happened." Akari, who was driving the car filled you in on the incident.

You looked at the tablet that was handed to you and turned to the woman. Skimming through the information written about the victims. "None of the dates or locations match, though." You voiced.

"Could the same cursed spirit have killed them all?" Megumi added.

"Hey, could the cursed spirit be responsible for the doors? Do sensors like those pick up on cursed spirits? They don't show up on cameras and stuff, right?" Yuuji asked.

"Apparently, this cursed spirit made the door operators go crazy, not the sensors."

'Interesting...' you thought, looking back down at the tablet.

"Oh... operators?"

Akari continued, "And as for whether or not the same cursed spirit was behind this... well, we couldn't be certain from just the residuals. After all, a lot of time has passed. So we tried to track down any connections between the three. We found that they all attended the same middle school for two years."

"Meaning all three received the same curse, and it activated after time had passed?" Kugisaki questions.

"Highly likely." Akari agreed

"So, where are we going?" You asked quietly.

"We're going to that middle school now to question someone the three victims knew, and I want you four to see what you can find as sorcerers."

"Way to go, Kugisaki!" Yuuji gasped.

You glanced at the rear-view mirror and saw the blush on her face. She smiled and looked away. "Heh. What'd you expect?"

You looked back down at the tablet and zoomed in on the writings.

When all of you exit the car, you furrowed your brows in confusion, 'A funeral...?'

"Is this the home of that acquaintance?" Kugisaki asked.