SSS 8/21

--8/1--

Book of Acts= The acts of the Apostles.

Acts 1-7 How they fulfilled the Great Commission in Jerusalem and the rest of Judea.
Acts 8-12 How they fulfilled it inn other parts of the world.
We, as believers, are ambassadors of Christ. We represent Christ.
Apostles spread Christianity to over 1000 followed in 6 months after Pentecost.

Apostles just normal people used by God. They had faith in God that produced obedience. A passion that produced unity. Desperation that produced prayer. The spirit of the living God that produced power.

The church is the building, but Christ is the cornerstone. Cornerstone: The whole building conforms to it. It is crucial to the structural integrity of the building.

"For we are co-workers in God's service; you are God's field, God's building." 1 Corinthians 3:9

"Therefore, rid yourself of all malice and deceit, hypocrisy, envy, and slander of every kind. Like newborn babies, crave pure spiritual milk, so that by it you may grow up in your salvation, not that you have tasted that the Lord is good. As you come to him, the living Stone-rejected by humans but chosen by God and precious to him-you also, like living stones, are being built into a spiritual house to be a holy priesthood, offering spiritual sacrifices acceptable to God through Jesus Christ. For in Scripture it says: 'See, I lay a stone in Zion, a chosen and precious cornerstone, and the one who trusts in him will never be put to shame.' Now to you who believe, this stone is precious. But to those who do not believe, 'The stone the builders rejected has become the cornerstone,' and, 'A stone that causes people to stumble and a rock that makes them fall.' They stumble because they disobey the message-which is also what they were destined for. But you are a chosen people, a royal priesthood, a holy nation, God's special possession, that you may declare the praises of him who called you out of darkness into his wonderful light. Once you were not a people, but now you are the people of God; once you had not received mercy, but now you have received mercy." 1 Peter 2:1-10 If you trust in Christ you will never be put to shame. The builders rejected Jesus because they did not know he was the cornerstone. If you disobey you stumble. God gives us mercy.

"For just as each of us has one body with many members, and these members do not all have the same function, so in Christ we, though many, form one body, and each member belongs to all the others. We have different gifts, according to the grace given to each of us. If your gift is prophesying, then prophesy in accordance with your faith; if it is serving, then serve; if it is teaching, then teach; if it is to encourage, then give encouragement; if it is giving, then give generously; if it is to lead, then do it diligently; if it to show mercy, then do it cheerfully." Romans 12:4-8 The church forms one body. We have different gifts and should use them for the glory of God or else you are useless on the team.

" Share with the Lord's people who are in need. Practice Hospitality." Romans 12:13 Don't withhold good from others. Show hospitality to everyone.

Contributors see themselves as channels for God's word to flow through. Some don't use the word except for on Sundays and want more. Take walk with Christ serious, and go to the next level.

All believers can be compared to two bodies of water: the Jordan River, a moving body of water from North to South; the Dead Sea is the lowest point where water goes and doesn't come out. It is stagnant.

Some people say "my bad" and apologize after swearing to let God's light shine through them. They tell others about why you don't do certain activities to help share our faith and plant the seed of Christianity.

Disciples vs churchgoers

Get involved in the church to give your gift and serve. Serve wherever possible.