SSS 6/22

——6/5——

John was the most faithful disciple. He was present at the crucifixion.
John 3:1-3

Forever sermon series
Lots of people don't believe in hell. They don't understand how a loving God could send people to an eternal punishment. People form independent ideologies about afterlife to comfort themselves after their loved ones die.

Believers need to be careful that we don't give people false hope in their grieving. We need to stick to what the scriptures say. We should hope that people rededicated their lives to God before they died, like the thief that was crucified with Jesus.
Some people sin because they say that their sins are already payed for, that is not what God wants. God's grace isn't truly extended to you unless you repent and change your behavior.
Jesus said that nobody sees the kingdom of God unless they are born again.
Matthew 25:41
Daniel 12:2-3
Mark 9:45-49 Hell is a serious consequence, so much that it is better to remove metaphorical limbs, aspects of your life, to go to heaven. People need to be aggressive when trying to protect others from unseen dangers.

Metaphor: trying to keep people from going outside because there is a lion outside. They may not see the lion. They may keep going outside since they've been outside and the lion hasn't attacked them yet.

Some believers give up their eternal life for sex, drugs, and money. Believers need to make strong conscious efforts to live for God. We need to work hard to avoid and resist temptations.
It helps to see other Godly people that are relatable.
Do ANYTHING you have to do to live a Godly life; get rid of your job, get rid of friends, etc. Some people have separation anxiety, but you must overcome it to remove things that cause you to stumble.

Revelation 14:11 Don't risk testing whether the punishment is true.
2 Thessalonians 1:6-8 "He will punish those who don't know God, and those who don't obey the gospel."

Luke 16:22-23 Scriptures says that dead people cannot speak to the living. Dead people also do not come back as angels.

We need to tell people to worship the lamb instead of going outside to the lion.

Deuteronomy 18:9-11 Don't consult mediums. Some people perceive superstitions such as Zodiac signs and divination as harmless, but they don't read the gospel, as the gospel preaches against it.

1 Samuel 28:3-19 Saul removed the mediums from the land. But Saul consulted a medium because he wanted to talk to God on his own schedule instead of God's schedule. The medium was shocked when it worked and she brought back Samuel's soul. Samuel told Saul that he would die tomorrow.

We need to fear God and prepare for eternal life.

John 3:16-18

——6/12——
2 Corinthians 5:10

It is okay to want to win. God has a reward for believers during judgement. There are differing opinions of the rapture.

1 Corinthians 15
There will be a lot of judgements. But only one will judge Christians. Some people believe that it is based on works. "When much is given, much is required." Some people will receive a larger award in heaven. But those who don't help the church will ONLY receive salvation.

Some people do stuff that doesn't support the church, and doesn't increase eternal reward. They should multiply their gift given by God.
James 1:12
People who persevere will get an eternal crown from God.
2 Timothy 4:8

Worshipping, loving, and obeying God is the reasonable service to God since he has given you life and transformed you. We need to have a giver's mentality at church instead of a consumer's mentality.
It is not a burden to serve God. Make sure your work is for God, not for yourself.

——6/19——

Fathers want to be appreciated by their kids and spouses. Sons often look toward their mothers for admiration and love. But fathers want that kind of love. God uses kingdom men to help guide families.

Joshua 24:15
We can't allow culture to dictate what happens in the church. We need to influence culture instead. The church "team" is in a "huddle" on Sunday mornings. We are supposed to then be good examples throughout the rest of the week.

Some men view Christian as feminist due to Jesus's loving and meek nature. However, Jesus had male disciples because the women and children would follow men into the church.

Men are called to be:
1. Providers 1 Timothy 5:8 Men are expected to provide for their household. Men hold weight of responsibility for their family. Wives should allow men to help that way they feel needed.
2. Protectors Make your wife and kids feel safe. Sometimes running away is protecting. Adam didn't protect Eve from the serpent. The Lord held Adam accountable because he had more responsibility.
3. Priests Men are supposed to lead their families in worship. Kingdom men greatly improve their kids' future trajectories. They are better examples for their kids.