SSS ++

Here are some of the most impactful sermons that I have taken notes on.

—— 2/5/23 "Fork at the Cross" ——

Acts 26 Paul before Agrippa

(Testimony) You may not know the nitty-gritty of the gospel, but your testimony can be more effective for evangelism. Telling people about your faith is more effective than theology.

Don't wait to have perfect faith, because you'll never be able to evangelize. Even if you are in the midst of improving with God, you should still share your journey so far.

Telling your testimony to others can help you support others through their trials and get accountability partners.
You cannot force others to accept your message, you can only sow.

—— 3/19/23 "Too Live" ——

Mark 14:38 "The spirit is willing, but the flesh is weak."
When God saves your spirit, your flesh remains the same. The devil wants you to question your identity and doubt the word of God.

How to fight the devil:
1. Know your identity
Know that you are saved and a child of God. Know that God loves you

2. Get out of your feelings
Jeremiah 17:9 "The heart is deceitful above all things..." Proverbs 28:26 "Those who trust in themselves are fools, but those who walk in wisdom are kept safe." Feelings cannot be trusted. Do not let your heart guide your actions.

Proverbs 29:11 "Fools give full vent to their rage, but the wise bring calm in the end" Don't have a short temper. You can't take back what you say. Allow the spirit of God to check your heart. Proverbs 4:23 "Above all else, guard your heart, for everything you do flows from it."

Identify how you feel, and what causes you to feel that way. Ephesians 6:12 "For our struggle is not against flesh and blood, but against the rulers
...and against the spiritual forces of evil in the heavenly realms." Challenge your feelings. Are they true? Do your feelings align with God?

Genesis 25:29-34 Esau was in his feelings (of hunger). He let his feelings guide his actions and he gave away his birthright. Everyone has feelings, but you need to respond to them carefully. Jesus responded to his feelings (of ) by communicating with God. He ____. This is how we should respond.

3. Crucify your flesh and feed your spirit: Romans 8:6-8 "The mind governed by the flesh is death, but the mind governed by the Spirit is life and peace..." The more you are of the world, the more your flesh governs you. Proverbs 4:13 Be careful what you let yourself think, because it determines your feelings, which determines what you do. How you see yourself determines your actions and vice versa.

4. Cast down negative thoughts and renew your mind: Don't just silently sit in your negative thoughts or else the enemy will permanently reside in your heart. Get in control of your identity. Don't let the enemy tack things onto you. Block the firey darts of the enemy. James 1:13-5 Don't let bad thoughts hand around; cast them down. Or else the thoughts will escalate into actions and a sinful lifestyle.

Romans 12:2 "Do not conform to the pattern of this world." Consistently renew your mind. 2 Corinthians 10:3-5 Cast down, don't negotiate. Build a community that you trust where you can share. Be with God in the first fruit of your time.

—— 3/26/23 —