SSS 1/22 +

——1/2 +——
Sermon series: More

Ephesians 3:20

Expanded ministries:
Prison ministry - card writing to inmates
Homeless ministry - teach homeless men life skills

1. Want more of God
Some football teams are lackluster because they lost last season. Some people are similar, they don't want more of God because they feel let down by him.
When people want more God, they have to have less of them; less pride, comparing, and other human problems.
Some people are content with being normal. Fasting interrupts the normal. It helps people focus on God and hear his voice.

2. Want more for God
Wanting to spread God's word for His glory and not your own. Give your full effort for God. If you want to do more for God, you have to do less of what doesn't matter. Stop wasting time on unessential activities like social media. Have resolve to dedicate time to God.
Divorce from procrastination today or else it will make you unsuccessful. Some people reconciled with procrastination and reconnected with it. Procrastination and success can't live together. Procrastination ruins reputation and self-image.
Perfectionists have all-or-nothing mentality. This hinders them from completing tasks.
Don't put God on the back burner and try to stay busy with other tasks.

3. God has more for you
Don't be content; there is still more that God wants you to do; and will do through you.

——1/30——
Final sermon in More series

John 5:1-15
John was the only disciple at the crucifixion.
Jesus invested more in Peter, James, and John than the other disciples.
The disabled people went to Bethesda because they believed an angel would heal them by stirring the pool. The man who was healed by Jesus lay by the pool for 38 years.

How long will you lay here?
Some people hold themselves back longer than God does; they create their own mental roadblocks.
You need to be tired to being mediocre and lukewarm, and instead want more.

Have you decided you want MORE?
You need to resolve that you want more from God. The man by the pool created excuses when Jesus asked, "'Do you want to get well?'" The man blamed his inaction on others. Stop making people pay for your issues caused by other people. E.g. neglecting your children because you were neglected as a child. You need to decide to change your character. You also have to desire to get well.
Some people don't want more because they have a victim mentality and don't want to work for more.

When will you pick up your mat?
Jesus told the man to pick up his mat—his crutch and his excuse. "'Pick up your mat and walk.'" Elisha burnt his plow and went with Elijah. "More will not be easy, but it will be worth it."